College Search

Discussion in 'Washington Flyway Forum' started by Tdawg5664, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Wareagle1

Wareagle1 Elite Refuge Member

And a lot of geese feed on their campus!:l:l

2. chukarhead

chukarhead Elite Refuge Member

I've done a lot of school, and a lot of hunting. My very strong recommendation is to keep them somewhat separate in your decision-making. Prioritize your education/learning while you're in school, and adjust your recreational aspirations accordingly. If you're looking at law enforcement as an LEO, military might make a lot of sense--college is EXPENSIVE, while the military PAYS. Look into hybrid options, too... ROTC, etc. If you do school seriously, and have a job (highly, highly recommended), you won't have a ton of time to hunt. The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing. And in college, the main thing is school.

T.T., Doc E, sully and 1 other person like this.
  3. EWUEagles

EWUEagles Senior Refuge Member

chukarhead said it best. I saw a lot of people at EWU who took hunting, drinking, socialize and the priority and school suffered. If I could do it again I would look at the military even though my time at college was great. EWU has a lot to offer in the world of hunting and fishing.

4. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Elite Refuge Member

Here is my .02

Go pick a school that offers what you want to pursue, and then worry about the outdoors around it. There is opportunity no matter where you look but not all programs and schools are equal.
    I'd pick based on school size and opportunity first.

Doc E likes this.
  5. Action

Action Elite Refuge Member

Like others said get your education first and you will have a lifetime to support your hunting and fishing habits. Had friends over the years that didn’t get their education and took jobs for land access that didn’t pay the bills. Focus on what is important (schooling) and everything else will fall into place.

6. Guzman

Guzman Elite Refuge Member

Join the electrical or wireman apprenticeship out of Moses Lake. You will have all the money to go hunting and won’t have any student loans.

cougfan316, Action and huntaholic21 like this.
  7. Action

Action Elite Refuge Member

All trades are scrambling to get qualified people in their work force. The electrical trade will have you in six figures within 5 years. Data centers in Boardman and Hermiston offer $100 a day just to show up for work. Always be a need for people to build America.

cougfan316 likes this.
  8. fatlab

fatlab Elite Refuge Member

This right here with a slight twist.

If I had it to do over I'd take 2-3 years after high school and do nothing but hunt/fish/surf/snowboard. Then I'd buckle down and do just school or enroll in the military.

School will always be there. But once you are ready, make it your priority. Its too dang expensive to let hobbies determine where you go.

9. WYtransplant

WYtransplant Senior Refuge Member

http://www.cfc.umt.edu/wbio/ University of Montana has wildlife bio could go that route. Great fishing and hunting near there...

10. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

I think Montana State in Bozeman has a wildlife bio program also?