Concow is on fire

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by fishdog, Nov 8, 2018.

1. MattGrima

MattGrima Senior Refuge Member

Wife’s stubborn 85 year old Grandma lives at Fir Haven and Skyway in Magalia near the storage place.

Tried to get up there from sacramento, but everything was closed by 9am when we were on the way up.

She lost phones, cell and house, around 1130am.

Her housekeeper couldn’t convince her to leave today.

If anyone knows whether or not that area burned, we would like to know.

2. fishdog

fishdog Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Our neighbors have a little house near Almanor. They and their relatives all lived in Paradise. Tonight three families are up at tha cabin. Three homes lost. Plus the power is out at their Almanor house. They are using our place to get showers water and heat. We have a generator. I’ll take a generator up there for them tomorrow. Super good salt of the earth folks. Damn.

Sorry to here your news Mike. If I can help let me know.

3. Big Daddy Gaddy

Big Daddy Gaddy Elite Refuge Member

Not sure, but it’s bad. My sister in law’s whole court burned down. Gone. Lucky they got out. Two little kids. House can be replaced. Stuff can be replaced.

J.Bennett and freefall like this.
  4. MattGrima

MattGrima Senior Refuge Member

Yea, Paradise got hammered. Can’t get a good story for anything North of Old Magalia across the dam. That’s where she’s at.

5. afmoto

afmoto Senior Refuge Member

6. Solanoduckhunter

Solanoduckhunter Senior Refuge Member

I watched a video a couple posted as they drove down Clark road out of Paradise. Virtually everything was gone homes, medical offices, Safeway, gas stations, hotels, bowling alley you name it. If Skyway looks anything like the video of Clark road the town is virtually gone. I know many people along Pentz road that lost their homes and now Butte Creek along hwy 99 is being evacuated. It's really bad. I'd pray for Magalia maybe they had chance with the wind direction but I don't know at this time.

7. Olfducker

Olfducker Senior Refuge Member

This thing is a monstrous beast. I’ve heard for long that Paradise and Magalia we’re doomed to burn down. It wasn’t a question of if, but when. Looks like when was today for Paradise. Nothing for sure, but I’m pretty sure Paradise will no longer exist when the sun comes up. Magalia is in jeopardy and Forest Ranch appears to be on fire now. Evacuations are within a few miles of Chico. Tragedy beyond imagination and getting worse by the minute. Prayers please. At this point it’s the only option for relief for many.

freefall likes this.
  8. Solanoduckhunter

Solanoduckhunter Senior Refuge Member

You're spot on, when I lived in Paradise we often commented when there was a fire if and when it would sweep thru the town. Sad to say, today it appears to have become reality.

9. George

George Elite Refuge Member

10. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Brutal, if anyone needs a place to stay we have an extra room and a yard for a dog. We are in Concord, if that matters.