Cool pic from Hawaii volcano:

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by stevena198301, Jun 1, 2018.

1. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

No wake and bake today, had to go work on the duck pond early this morning before the minus tide kept us out of the marsh.
    I'm home alone tonight, so I'm gonna to throw in Sicario again and crank up the surround sound, crack a few beers and make a Margherita pizza on the pellet grill.
    So you never know what might take place this evening.;):rolleyes::l:l:l

2. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

Well the number of homes and businesses destroyed is going to skyrocket over the next 24 hours as vent 8 makes her final dash to the Sea right through a major development area that up until now has been untouched by this eruption.

3. chuam

chuam Elite Refuge Member

We're flying out a week from Thursday to go see it. Have the lava boat scheduled and might also do a helicopter flight over as well. Flights were cheap as were hotels. We were just on the big island 2 months ago and wanted to see the lava but it was a 9 mile hike each way (a good chunk of that was across the lava field). Too far for my 7y/o to make that. Now that it's erupting we decided to go see a once in a lifetime event for myself and kids.

4. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Have to admit I'm giving it thought. I had no desire to visit Hawaii, but it's something my wife wants to do eventually.

5. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Hit up Kauai if you’re gonna be there a minute. It’s just a puddle jump over.

6. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Hawaii is on my bucket list for upland game hunting... Some of the best quail and chuckar populations, also with good franklin and pheasant populations... With good hunting on public land (according to people I know who have hunted there).

I have a buddy who goes to Hawaii every year to turkey hunt, and he says it is his favorite place to hunt turkeys (He has been successful with at least one bird killed every year he goes).

Not sure I would want to be bird hunting with the island on fire though...

7. hartfish

hartfish Elite Refuge Member

Take pictures and post them when you get back.

8. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

I saw a blue pheasant when I was there. And I hadn't been drinking......yet.

9. chuam

chuam Elite Refuge Member

I love Kauai. My favorite island by far.

I've been lucky and been going to Hawaii since I was a kid. Been to all the islands, have friends out there, fish, spearfish, golf, etc. Being half-asian I look like a local so I can get around and fit in easily which means I don't get shaken down as a tourist.

stevena198301 likes this.
  10. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Friend of mine killed a turkey on public there this year.

Too many flats I haven't fished in the Bahamas for me to get excited about Hawaii.