Cops stop potential tragedy in Indy.......

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by takemrarely, Mar 13, 2018.

1. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

Kinda what I thought too but who knows.... My question is why wasn't something done the first time.... illegal with a firearm gets two chances???? Talk about catch and release law enforcement...

OneShotBandit likes this.
  2. Boomn4x4

Boomn4x4 Elite Refuge Member

He didn't get charged the second time either.

I'm sure they had no idea he was an illegal. Citizenship status isn't on a driver's license. They got the complaint from the hotel (I don't blame the hotel at all, they did the right thing in reporting it). The cops came out, sounds like the guy was cooperative, so I'm sure they just checked his driver's license, took his info down, told him he should probably keep the guns out of site so they don't get stolen and went on their way.

Who knows what transpired on the second call, but it sounds like the hotel had a policy against firearms and weren't comfortable with him so he was asked to leave for violating the policy a second time because there was still a gun on the front seat of his truck. He and two companions left the property willfully. He never did anything illegal, so the police had no reason to do any kind a background check on him. No charges were filed at the time.

It wasn't until a week later when the woman called 9-11 when he pointed a gun at her and threatened to kill her. That is when charges were brought up. You see the charges were only 1 count of unlawfully possessing a firearm. So the previous events where he had a bunch of firearms never played into any of this. Just reported on to make the story sound better.

3. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Right now, to many, anyone with an AR-15 is a terrorist.

You should have seen some of the reactions people from the NYC area that came into the pawn shop and saw the rifles in the gun rack behind the counter. Woof! We weren't your typical pawn shop and we got a lot of millionaire traffic.

One woman literally screamed at her husband when she wandered over and her husband, out of fascination, was looking at the gun rack...not touching...looking. She demanded he immediately take her out of the store.

4. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

A co-worker went to a well known gun store in the area and said he was greeted at the front door by a display of boxes of ARs that reminded him of the Beer displays at the liquor stores before the holidays. He said they were restocking the "display" by the time he left. If I wasn't against those evil black rifles, I would have gone over and picked up a MP15 for the price......well actually the wife said no...lol

Bear likes this.
  5. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

If a citizen calls the cops and the cops come to stop a crime the cops get 100% credit, if the cops do a no knock warrant on the wrong house and kill a person they are immune. We need more respect for our LEO