CWA ACQUIRES SANBORN SLOUGH DUCK CLUB FOR HUNTING!!!

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by DuckFan, Aug 8, 2018.

1. CalBaer

CalBaer Elite Refuge Member

Grizzly Ranch, Denverton, Goose Lake, Quimby Island, Butte Creek Island Ranch, Sanborn Slough....is Bird Haven next??

Brian Huber likes this.
  2. craig wilson

craig wilson Elite Refuge Member

mak2782 likes this.
  3. BR Gunner07

BR Gunner07 Elite Refuge Member

Pretty amazing lineup....

If I was a betting man, I would say Rancho E.

mudhen likes this.
  4. mak2782

mak2782 Elite Refuge Member

I have a long range lens so was able to get a good snap of you on the other side of the fence. :l:dv

5. black&blueshoulder

black&blueshoulder Elite Refuge Member

Remember when the River Cats used to dominate their league? :dv

Drake Slayer, J.Bennett and freefall like this.
  6. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

Help me out Rick... you seem to be in the know..like always..:tu.... The hunt program. The fees are 35.00 to be a member and 25.00 if you draw a hunt in the lottery and then a 5.00 lotto fee, my question..... is that for "each" hunt day you apply for or for all hunt days for that one area..i.e. delta ? I see some of the areas have multi hunt days for the season for each area.

7. Big Daddy Gaddy

Big Daddy Gaddy Elite Refuge Member

You pay for each lottery day you apply for and each time you draw Mark. If you’re lucky enough to draw an area twice, you pay $25 each time.

DuckFan and freefall like this.
  8. CalBaer

CalBaer Elite Refuge Member

Yes, I thought about that club, too. But didn’t want to speculate on what Mr. Hoffman did with that club. He already gave CWA Grizzly Ranch. On many of these fine clubs, including Bird Haven, I’ve had the opportunity to hunt, but have never pulled the trigger. As Mr. Bonderson said, Sanborn Slough will give adults new hunting opportunities.

9. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

Thanks Mike...:tu:bow.. I'm seeing it now... so you pay 5 bucks a date for a chance to a CWA own property which have several hunt days listed...(kind of like our state hunt programs..i.e refuges. Then there is another type of program where you pay 5 bucks at a chance to hunt on some of the better clubs that good people like Mark Kirsten and others that donate a day or two to cwa to raise money. I see many youth and veteran hunts only donated by other of clubs that other wise would never get hunted by public. (great program) I even seen first time women hunts offer, but at a cost of 300.00..

As for CWA lands hunts, if you play that program can be quit costly. Much like our state federal hunt programs..Not quite sure if it falls under the welfare title that some hunters that support cwa and state pubic hunter programs has been label. But oh well..

I think I read where most of these lands, that CWA is selling hunts on have been bought though state grants and loans.. not sure of my feeling on this just yet..

Quimby.. 12 dates..60.00
    Butte,..27 dates..135.00
    grizzy..6 dates..30.00
    butte ..27 dates..135.00
    san born..31 dates..155.00
    denverton 56 dates..280.00
    X's thousand of hunter apps.. lots of cash in this program for sure..

Plus dozens of the one time lotto chances..25.00 per draw and 35.00 member ship hunting is not cheap anyway you go..
    And I missed some, I'm sure..

Just for the record, I'm not a fan of "any" so call "non profit" org.. I think the title is misleading with many mirrors and loop holes... I have first hand experience with a couple.. CWA in some parts of their program are great and need to be thanked.

craig wilson likes this.
  10. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator Flyway Manager

Good for CWA. ANY increase in hunter opportunity is a good thing. People bitch about lack of opportunity, and then they bitch about increased opportunity. Want more ducks on public refuges...improve the habitat on those refuges.

Calikev, Tommyo and Gomer like this.