CWA Special Hunts

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Beau Slaton, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Seahawk18

Seahawk18 Senior Refuge Member

There's a blind near mine that has been on the CWA hunt program for years. It was on the first come first program I believe and was a three day a week shooter. This blind was donated by the landowner because it's a marginal blind and rarely shoots well. What they don't tell the applicants is that the blind is often hunted on the other four days. I can't say positively but I was told by a friend who hunts the same field that the blind was being hunted by CWA management and staff. I do know that the blind was occupied almost seven days a week late in the season. I don't have a problem with CWA staff hunting the blind but maybe the members applying should be made aware of that fact.

Dan Mallia likes this.
  2. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

Where is CWA when we need them most...…. :scratch

3. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for that.. I know it took some time to recap the program..I'll read a little deeper into it..:tu

4. cafowler1000

cafowler1000 Elite Refuge Member

Still not sure what you're referring to.... Deny till ya die I always say.. Good luck to your Dodgers, looked pretty sharp last night, as I choke on my own words...

DuckFan likes this.
  5. cagwp

cagwp Senior Refuge Member

I have been to a few CWA hunts and have enjoyed every one of them. You got to pay to play, I have given more $ than I want to recall for the opportunity for the hunts but it was well worth my money spent. I will keep doing so because I do believe that CWA is a good organization to give to for CA waterfowlers. The educational camps, Veteran hunts, Women camps are the big reason I continue to support CWA. Here are a few photo's I have taken on my CWA hunts. Thank you CWA. Brad

CWA allows me to get the whole family in the blind and I really appreciate it.

6. cagwp

They also let you chase other birds when the ducks wont show.

CalBaer, DuckFan and afmoto like this.
  7. cagwp

My favorite duck blind photo

8. WILDDUX

WILDDUX Elite Refuge Member

C77E3BD0-EE2F-4E9C-AC94-1B32E9EF13D6.jpeg I’ve been a member of CWA for as long as can remember. There may be some issues but rarely are organizations perfect. They will always continue to get my support just due to one hunt last year which was the highlight of my oldest son’s junior hunting life.

9. cafowler1000

cafowler1000 Elite Refuge Member

On second thought, this sounds more and more like a terrible organization to support.... Almost as bad as those DC crazies marching to protest today...

[​IMG]

California Waterfowl
    ·
    September 29 at 8:55 AM ·

California Waterfowl [​IMG] new hunters, so we're giving away 75 vouchers that new hunters can use to hunt at pheasant clubs this season! To qualify, you need to have completed your hunter education on July 1, 2015, or later. Click on the link to apply! And please share with the new hunters in your life [​IMG]
    A voucher entitles its holder and a guest to hunt and harvest $150 worth of pheasants or chukars. Dogs and guides are not included, although many facilities will rent dogs to hunters.

The vouchers must be used by the end of February 2019; unused vouchers cannot be traded for new vouchers for the 2019-20 season.

One application is allowed per person, and the deadline to apply is 11:59 p.m. Saturday, October 20, 2018. Winners will be chosen in a random drawing and will be notified by email.

https://www.calwaterfowl.org/hunter-trai…/pheasant-vouchers/

[​IMG]

That's my friend Mike, donating his time to help get some women hunters started out the right way on Pheasants. Probably running one of his famous Munsterlanders, one of the few in the US. Mike has donated his time year after year for this CWA Ladies Pheasant hunts, along with Larry, George and others.

CalBaer, Gomer and cagwp like this.
  10. CaliDuckPro

CaliDuckPro Senior Refuge Member

It wasn't cancelled due to weather, flooding or anything exigent. I was contacted by the folks running the hunt and was told the hunting was lousy and would reschedule when the birds were in. Pretty cool of them, I thought. But never got rescheduled. I'm sure I still have the email correspondence. But in all honesty, didn't and don't care that much to press the issue... But I won't apply for the hunts anymore, simple as that. I'm sure my small contribution is no major loss.

callinfowl likes this.