Dakota packable decoys

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by JKDtraditional, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

That idea has been around since the early 80's. I've seen it from several companies over the years and it's never turned out well. They always develop fold seams, cracks and stop coming back to shape. They are a great idea but just never seem to work as advertised for more than a season, if that. First brand I tried I sent back for a refund within a month, second batch went to the landfill after a season. The last time a collapsible duck decoy worked was the old rubber N&B but they were heavy and not realistic. I still have a bunch that I use to this day.

2. Green Duck Truck

Green Duck Truck Washington State Moderator Moderator

Yep, I've got a pretty good collection of the old Plasti-Duks. I used to stick 5 or 6 in a backpack for extreme hikes. They weren't great, but you could jam them into a pack, and I shot some ducks over them. N&Bs and Victor paper mache decoys is what my Dad had when I started hunting. Good memories connected with them.

When it comes to Dakota packables, I'm slightly intrigued, but not sold. I've never been a Dakota fan. Several reasons, but one is that I don't think I could stand looking at those high heads for an entire hunt. I realize that is "picking-nits," but so be it. If they made their packables look like the newer dabblers, I'd probably break down and try some. Just my opinion.

3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Just saw these on MPW site. Any update on them from someone who has them? I agree, I wish they had low heads and feeders. I do like the brighter colors. Look brighter than the Nomads. I'd be happy with 12 packable "no heads", honestly... No one offers that.

4. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Got an e-mail that Rogers has these back in stock. Bout $110 per doz. No 1/2doz packs in stock tho

5. Winchester 1897

Winchester 1897 Elite Refuge Member

Molded off of Rd Snyder's decoys! I really like my inflataducks.

Billy Bob likes this.
  6. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

must be a millennial, they seem to have issues.

bullpinnie likes this.
  7. marshmob

marshmob Elite Refuge Member

I definitely like the idea of a lighter weight decoy but any packable makes me think of all the issues white rock had with theirs.

Cocklebur likes this.
  8. Cocklebur

Cocklebur Senior Refuge Member

Agreed, I had some white rock collapsable speck decoys. They were garbage. The material was cheap and they never fully came back to form. After this experience I am hesitant to try another collapsable decoy.

Billy Bob likes this.
  9. Rice Hunter

Rice Hunter Senior Refuge Member

Some of my crew ordered a few dozen I hear. Well put some shells down range at them, bust them out of the ice and run over them with a ranger. We'll give 'em a proper test and I'll report back.

QuaaackerJack likes this.
  10. California Flyway

California Flyway Elite Refuge Member

Advice to New Member,

Welcome to the Fuge and stick around and settle in, plenty to learn here. :tu

I have been thinking about those inflatables too for a pack in marsh I hunt. Oddly, I wish they were a little plainer looking.