Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

David Price (Winter Farms Hunting) is a LIAR…and I’m an IDIOT

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Tad, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Tad

Tad Elite Refuge Member

I talked to David Price on the phone last week, and after nearly a year, he finally admitted to lying to me and my small hunting group, which had faithfully leased spots from him as loyal and trustworthy lessees for the last 5 or 6 years.

The confession came as part of a 2nd phone conversation, ~15 minutes after we had hung up from the first conversation where I had asked him how he and his Club members and guide service had done last season while hunting the very spot that he had told us we could no longer lease because he had lost it to a landowner who no longer wanted the spot hunted. During this first phone call, I shared with him the fact that we knew his Club members and Guide service had hunted the property, and shared with him the names of the mutual acquaintances (which he knew we both had :scratch) that had provided us with the proof. Frankly, I was dumbfounded after we hung up from the first call, as he knew that I knew that he was STILL creating lies to cover up his initial lie. The fact that he had called me back to confess that he was lying helped to restore some of my ever-ebbing faith in humanity. ;)

What actually stings the most is a face-to-face conversation I had with him in late August of last year. After I had asked if he had gotten in touch with the landowner (per my request) to give us permission to dismantle the blind we had just built the season before, he looked me in the eye and told me that he felt bad about losing the spot, and that he had lost the landowner’s number, but would try to contact them via email. (He text me a few days later to say that the landowner had gotten back to him via email stating that they had leased the property to a friend, and that we couldn’t remove anything.) So, while he was literally lying to my face, we were standing with a landowner in Cambridge (2 hours from home) agreeing to lease yet another spot from David Price that required yet another blind re-build. :doh

Therefore, the moral of this autobiographical tale is two-fold: Buyers beware, as David Price is a liar…and Sellers beware, as Tad Easter may be an idiot, but he loves building blinds. :nutz

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  2. straitmeat72

straitmeat72 Elite Refuge Member

Tad, you must have missed the 3-4 pages of issues with that cat just with people from this board. He has been scamming guys for years and years and years. Ask the dudzinski boy he was "guiding" for price on club stuff for years.

gone goosin likes this.
  3. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

I think these guys get the only pleasure out of life, by lying to everyone and thinking that is smart business practice. I think it becomes an addiction.

gone goosin likes this.
  4. gone goosin

gone goosin Elite Refuge Member

For real. . The search feature is your friend.

This *** only tells lies when his mouth moves. His only concern is getting paid and getting you to pay for his way. Frequently those that work for him are the same way OR he's lied to them too. Punk comes to mind.

5. Ruination

Ruination Senior Refuge Member

So does that mean your new property didnt pan out and you wont be releasing with Mr. Price this year?

6. Tad

Tad Elite Refuge Member

Yep, I read the thread. Like I said...I'm an idiot. :yes

7. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

There is an endless pool of suckers willing to lease junk at the landowner's price + 100%.

Don't feel like a fool, you ain't a real Chesapeake waterfowler until you've paid an arm and a leg for an awesome looking spot that produced two mergansers and a hen bufflehead.

8. SkeeterMD

SkeeterMD Elite Refuge Member

I am comforted by return of angst, disdain and hatred on the 'fuge.
    Carry on.
    Skeeter

muddyduck likes this.
  9. drahthaarducker

drahthaarducker Elite Refuge Member

[​IMG]
    Tad anytime you lease from a guide on the Eastern Shore you have to remember he is also your competition.
    I'm trying this guy next year. He sells cars and doesn't hunt.

muddyduck likes this.
  10. purlin12

purlin12 Senior Refuge Member

Hunting clubs and sub leases always tend to have these issues. I rather just knock on doors and ask for permission or lease straight from the farmer. No middle man and no bs. Even public land can even be decent hunting.