Deadliest Catch Fans

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by SANJUANGLENN, Apr 27, 2017.

1. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

I always figured his name was spelled Cig.

TheDuckSlayer likes this.
  2. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Nicotine- the most addictive drug on the planet and one of the biggest burdens on society's healthcare. And 100% legal. That said, I can understand why those guys smoke so much, staying up for days on end and the stress. Myself, I'd probably use meth. Gotta be healthier than 200 cigs a day.

SANJUANGLENN likes this.
  3. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Give me Coke and a hooker(s). Ah crap, no hookers out there. I would take the Coke!

SANJUANGLENN likes this.
  4. rrduckhnt

rrduckhnt Senior Refuge Member

I think most of that crap was for TV because at the end of the show the crab count showed the SAGA had caught the second most in the entire fleet even after the so called wrong bait, clutch burning out, soda light broke and the boards coming loose in the live wells and killing 1100 lbs. of crabs.. So I think Jake is doing one hell of a job, I've watched him since the beginning and there is a lot of schemes going on between Sig and Jake just like the CORKING INCENIDENT Sig done to him and then Sig getting mad because they returned the favor on him, That was all done for TV I think...

5. Flyfisher

Flyfisher Elite Refuge Member

I see these guys at trade shows... One of them tells a sales rep next to me that he never watches the tv show. Later that night this same "actor" is at the table next to me/us at the restaurant in Orlando,... and he tells the bartender..... You guys need to turn the channel to Deadliest Catch!!!! It's on in 2 minutes!!!!!.. :l:l They change the channel and the dude never took his eyes of the tv for the entire show. We laughed all night about it.. :l:l:yes:clap

callinfowl likes this.
  6. KID CREOLE

KID CREOLE Elite Refuge Member

Knowing how to consistently catch fish or in this case king crabs isn't something everyone can learn, if it were then every old man fishing or hunting would be stacking them up every trip.

Knowing how to read conditions, understand them and bash them against experience, separates guys who get'm and guys who rely on luck. The Harris boys are punks who never wanted to learn until it was too late

API and callinfowl like this.
  7. h2ofwlr

h2ofwlr Elite Refuge Member

Thankfully last night Cpt Jake is FINALLY learning how not to yell at crew hands.

As for Cpt Kieth last night - what a slimy move on his part when it was not at all warranted to fire him. OK no ear buds for safety reasons because you can not hear warnings, make your point and leave it be. But nope, he had to fire the 4 yr crewman. :doh
    What made it worse is Kieth went in wanting to show who is the boss. What are you, in JR H.S.?
    I hope the crew man hires on with the Brenna A. since they were short handed last week.

8. KID CREOLE

KID CREOLE Elite Refuge Member

Keith is the Boss on a very successful operation, work by his rules or find another boat. Of course had the deck hand been hurt because he had ear plus in Keith would have been accused of not maintaining a safe boat

9. h2ofwlr

h2ofwlr Elite Refuge Member

I agree on that. But why was not the other crew member fired for doing the same thing? Why was there not a safety mtg - hey no ear buds on deck or while on watch for safety reasons. If caught, then a verbal warning. If caught again, then fired.

He wants the crew to be loyal to him (any cpt, mgr, employer does), but then you also have to be loyal back in return as its a 2 way street. Kieth was not at all loyal to a 4 yr crew member for firing him over a very minor infraction.

Kieth is a bully as a employer. He is the poster boy for why to be unionized.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  10. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

Editing aside, the crew's reaction, including Monte, to Keith firing that guy told the whole story.
    Keith went looking for a fight, made a huge deal out of really nothing, and then fired the guy because he wouldn't look him in the eye.

His vessel, he's the captain, but he ain't perfect either.