Decoy gloves

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Easterncanadafowler, Jun 29, 2018.

1. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Even if they were 1/2 off they are too rich for my blood.
    I'll stick with the Atlas 620's and 460's. I like that they are 100% waterproof, cheap, warm and orange so I don't miss place them. :l:l:l

2. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

No matter what anybody claims Gore Tex is not 100% waterproof and Gore does not advertise it as such, from personal experience I have a couple of very expensive Gore Tex hunting jackets that if you stand out in the rain long enough eventually water will soak through. Several years ago I bought a set of Glacier Duck hunting neoprene Gauntlet gloves, I use them to stick my hands in freezing cold water, then put on different gloves to shoot with.

Billy Bob likes this.
  3. Easterncanadafowler

Easterncanadafowler Senior Refuge Member

I just ordered a pair of the Showa 460 gloves to use this fall.Thanks for all the help guy.I appreciate all the opinions.Terry

4. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Several years ago I bought a set of Glacier Duck hunting neoprene Gauntlet gloves, I use them to stick my hands in freezing cold water, then put on different gloves to shoot with.[/QUOTE]

I bought a pretty nice pair of neoprene gloves to handle decoys and such. Wrecked them the first time I used them. Braided and tarred decoy line sliced right through them just like one of those flexible survival saws would. I rely on the 460s now.

5. duckbuster5901

duckbuster5901 Senior Refuge Member

Showa #490 triple dipped. Stay flexable in cold and very warm. Get a size bigger than you would normally buy.

6. Duck_Hunter_TX

Duck_Hunter_TX Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

I needed to give my parents Christmas gift ideas a few years ago. I never thought about decoy gloves before but couldn’t come up with anything else for my parents to buy me. Sent my mom a link to the under armor insulated decoy gloves and I like them a lot. They’re expensive for what they are, but they’ve held up well.

7. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

An old waterman trick is to dip your hands in the water and they adjust to the temp and let you work with no gloves in normal winter temps. I have neoprene decoy gloves and crabber gloves, but have my friends use them. Once my hands are wet, with all the movement of working the motor, the decoy pole, wrapping the line and weight, my hands are decently warm. Maybe on a really ( teens and single digits)cold day I will use one of the gloves to run the outboard cause of the wind. Hunting, unless its a real cold day, I can't stand gloves, hate shooting with gloves so when I wear them, I drop them at the first sight of birds.

8. duckbuster5901

duckbuster5901 Senior Refuge Member

Atlas 282,s have been my go to for past 4 years. Fleecy acrlic liner and great dexterity. Unbelievably warm. They are a blue glove. Tried crabbers gloves in the past but just not enough dexterity in them but are warm when lined. Liked them so much I picked up pairs for my son and nephew to use when picking up decoys. Only wear mechanics style gloves when hunting in extremely cold weather and don,t shoot in the 282,s.

9. duckbutler

duckbutler Senior Refuge Member

No one mentioned the Joka Polar gloves often used in snow making. There is another type which is Russian. Flexible outer gloves w rough finish plenty of dexterity and an inner fleece glove comes apart easily for drying. About $25. I have used them for years. you can put on and take off one handed. not the atlas .. too much work.. am constantly taking off and on.. Then in the blind use a muff w or w/o a hand warmer packet.. As I age my hands get a lot colder.. these really Work!

10. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

I can't wrap lines using those stiff gauntlet gloves. I use warm waterproof John Deere # JD93058.