Decoy Size

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by Tdawg5664, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Tdawg5664

Tdawg5664 Refuge Member

I decided that I’m going to start getting some fullbody goose decoys. I don’t have a ton of room for them so my question is how much of a size difference is there between the Bigfoot b2s and the avian x fullbody geese? Also kinda like the Dakota signature series but don’t know the size compared like the other 2.

2. Valleyhonker

Valleyhonker Refuge Member

They are about the same. The B2’s require attachable feet so that takes up more room overall, where as the avian’s have collapsible bases. If you’re looking to save room I’d lean toward the avians. I also use GHG fb’s on stakes that require minimal room, but aren’t much help on windy days.

3. theduckguru

theduckguru Elite Refuge Member

FBs are for those who have a trailer to haul and store them in.

4. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

If space is an issue,I would reccomend the Avianx lessers.They are a lesser but really a life size is more accurate.They come in 6 or 12 slot bags and are pretty easy to set up.

5. EWUEagles

EWUEagles Senior Refuge Member

I would look at lessers or silos if I was hard up for space.

6. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator Flyway Manager

I have Higdon Alpha Magnums and like them. The feet are kinda funky, but the size and look are great.

7. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Refuge Member

I'll second Mean Gean's comment.
    I run quite a few dozen Alpha Mags. Both fully flocked and painted. Good decoy. I cut the feet off of mine at about the ankle. Still leaves the leg look, easier to put in slotted bags, and lightens the weight. They come with a good size ring base for those windy days. Live honkers really like them too! Shot many over them.
    Check'em out......

Mean Gene likes this.