Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Dem Cubs

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by rism, Aug 13, 2018.

1. rism

rism Senior Refuge Member

So all you Cub fans: What does Madden do now? I have been impressed w/ Bote since he came up. Schwarber has had only 2 rbi's since the All star break. I think he needs to go to Iowa and learn how to hit again. When Bryant comes back he can play left field and leave Bote at 3rd or wherever. He also plays 2nd (Baez to 3rd). Lots of possibilities. Not impressed w/ Happ either after all the hype but he is a switch hitter so he gets the nod over Schwarber. The game is about winning not who the nicest guy is !!!

2. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I went to bed 20 minutes to early last night. Bote proved to be worth his salt. I dont know that they could've done that with Scherzer (sp) on the mound. That guy is an intimidating son of a gun.

As for Madden, you may have a point with Schwarber, sorry to say.
    I think playing Almora a bit more would be a start.

3. gock5

gock5 Senior Refuge Member

Bryant at 3rd, Baez at SS, Bote at 2nd (natural position) and Rizzo at 1st.

4. cootmeurer

cootmeurer Elite Refuge Member

They should make NO changes.

That way they can lose to the Brewers tonight, who are only 3 games back. That will also move the cards up since they are only 5 games back. Stay on that pattern - and the Cubs can eliminate themselves before post season and all will be right with the world.

Pastor likes this.
  5. Il. MudDuk

Isn't there a North Carolina Forum where you should be ? :joker:dv

Let us enjoy the moment before we're patiently waiting for another 108 years.

cootmeurer likes this.
  6. chasin mallards

chasin mallards Senior Refuge Member

Coot better check your schedule again they don't play until tomorrow afternoon.

cootmeurer likes this.
  7. DuckyPhe

DuckyPhe Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

Earlier in the year, my wife was yelling for Carpenter to get sent down. Look at him now. I keep reminding her of that with every hit he gets. :dv

Schwarber is an easier fix than Baez and Contreras. Those two drive me bananas with their inability to lay off those outside bouncing balls in the dirt. :doh At least Schwarber knows how to take a base on balls. :mad: Happ's a powerful switch hitter. Neither one of them is going anywhere. They'll work it out, and probably sooner than Baez learns to read the spin.

I'd keep Bote @3rd and put KB in left. Bote plays a better 3rd and KB can handle left better than Schwarbs. Happ can spell off either of them and Baez too. Get rid of Russel and Schwarber for the likes of DeGrom.

I don't really see any changes coming the remainder of this season tho. They'll send Bote back down as soon as KB is off DL. :(

8. rism

rism Senior Refuge Member

hey Coot - I agree w/ MudDuk- to North Carolina we send you. This is a Cubs thread !!! MudDuk - what's wrong w/ Russell. He looks like he is having absolutely no fun !! Never see a smile on his face and doesn't seem to engage w/ the other players in the dugout. No power output at all ?? Personal problems (ex-wife) from last year he can't get over? I haven't seen or heard anything but it sure seems like something is going on.

9. cootmeurer

cootmeurer Elite Refuge Member

But I don't want to go..... Nobody talks MLB here, it's either Charlotte Whorenets or Carolina Panties. From here I have to go south to Atlanta or North to NY to cheer an MLB team. You don't appreciate the riches you have, 5 hour drive from C. IL and you have 6 teams to cheer (or hate).

10. Il. MudDuk

I like to watch Russell play, particularly defense, but his batting (chasing) skills are not impressive.
    As for not engaging with the others, I cant say I've noticed.

I enjoy watching the whole team play, but Schwarber, Happ, Baez (when he's chasing bad pitches), Hendricks ( a great pitcher but lately, well, damn) and a few others seem to be "lacking" as of late. Theyre still in first place, sure, but .....

I'm not a MLB manager by any means, but not playing LaStella and Almora Jr. more leave me confused. Them guys get stuff done and yet play very little.
    I will say that I've seen Caratini or whatever the hell his name is, make some decent plays/at bats, but theres something about the guy I just dont like....I really cant stand to look at em.
    And where the heck did some of these relief pitchers come from ?! ....ain't never heard of most of em.

This is the team (minus a few guys) that went to the Series obviously and I hope they can stay put together for some time to come. But, like you said, its not about the nicest guy, its about the team winning. When some of these "regulars" go, it'll be a bit melancholy.

Oh well, Madden just got kicked out and the Cubs are losing 6 to 0.
    Must've had something to do with Cootmeurer posting in OUR thread. :reader:mad::mad::eek: