Decoy Forum Sponsors

"Dented" Decoys - How to fix

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by Skunked, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Skunked

Skunked Senior Refuge Member

I have a pair of 4 used pintail decoys that I picked up for a song. One problem is that they have a rather large "dent" where it looks like some of the air was "sucked" out of them. For a size comparison, imagine that all one wind area was concave.

How can I fix this? I was thinking about sticking in a bicycle pump to fill the air in, then fixing the hole? Thoughts?

Thanks.
    -Greg

2. rod erd

rod erd Senior Refuge Member

Ran over the dogs drink and dine--PLASTIC FOOD AND WATER DISH--realy dented it- hooked it up to a compresssor and poped the dent right out
    I would use a sports ball pump to inflate it out-- smaller hole to patch when done

3. QUACKHEAD007

QUACKHEAD007 Elite Refuge Member

im assuming your talking about hollow plastic dekes??????..........if so theres a very simple fix........drill a small hole in the butt of the decoy........get an air compressor with a needle like for filling up and basketball........stick the needle right in that ducks butt:l .........i couldnt resist LOL.........try to make a tight seal and those dents should come right out........hope that helps ya

4. Flutterin'_Wings

Flutterin'_Wings Elite Refuge Member

dont stick it in the ducks butt, water will get in there:rolleyes:

stick her rigt under the bill or at the end of the sprig....attach ...yea a biyclke pump or an air compressor...if you want, you could stick it in the butt, but then you would need toseal it with silicone or helt it with a soldering gun

5. Skunked

Skunked Senior Refuge Member

Thanks!

I'll avoid the tushy-push and try under the bill.