Did anyone kill any ducks on the second opener

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by Mallet67, Jan 6, 2018.

1. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

2. dux/24 7

dux/24 7 Elite Refuge Member

Water. Did shoot 11 in a field one night. Nuts

3. Mallets

Mallets Elite Refuge Member

Ed...nice try those are the same pictures you put up last year...ROFLMAO!

4. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Senior Refuge Member

They are from a year ago just showing how there are no ducks in se kansas in late season. I sure wish duck season opened sept 1 so i could not kill a duck all year but i would not get cold. Anyone who wants a early season must not like killing ducks because they are still in the dakotas that time of year. Sure makes sense to have season when the ducks are not here. There is open water out there look for it cant, find it on the couch. If ya dont like cold find a new hobby duck hunting=cold weather.

5. Mallets

Mallets Elite Refuge Member

Never wanted September 1st...I just wanted the same season that we had for the previous 100 years before Bon Dudd pushed his agenda thru the commission!

AND...Dont worry about me! I have adapted :)

I can send you current pictures if you need them...It appears you don't have any new ones...LOL

6. ED Vanderbeck

Have been working12- 14 hrs a day for 6 weeks dont have time now to hunt but my buddys are rollin them because the ducks are finally here we will never agree on dates but the real SE Kansas area needs as late as possible,not the entire eastern 1/3 is not south east kansas. Where i live late oct is a waste of hunting days. Where you are might be a different story. Might as well go fishing in oct see just as many ducks as going hunting and you will have some success if fishing. It will never be a one size fits all matter.

7. Marshwalker

Marshwalker Senior Refuge Member

OMG thats funny getting called out, and then making excuses why he used photos... priceless

8. Ducky73

Ducky73 Refuge Member

There are plenty of mallards here from Nov 1 through the end of January. Here are my Stats for this season Month of November

8 Hunts
    33 Ducks (26 of which were mallard drakes)
    4.12 birds per hunt

Not all the mallards sit in the Dakotas until January Ed. Your thinking is so narrow. Plenty of birds migrate earlier than you make it seem.

I love late January hunts as well but the picture you try to paint isn't the reality of the situation.

9. ED Vanderbeck

What part of se kansas you live in

10. ED Vanderbeck

I think work is more important than hunting i am not a freeloader on society if i want something i work for it if that is a excuse. Call it what you want. REMEMBER NO DUCKS IN SE KANSAS IN LATE SEASON they are all gone and you cant kill any then. Buddys killed 45 yesterday try that in late october all mallards i was working (poor excuse). CANT KILL THEM IF THEY AINT HERE