doc hull

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by choc24/7, Feb 2, 2018.

1. lockingblock

lockingblock Refuge Member

Doc,

Sent you a PM on here. Do you have an e-mail? I am looking to order a call and wanted to touch base when you get a minute.

Thanks!

2. NBHunter

NBHunter Elite Refuge Member

I was lucky enough to have Doc make me a Myrtlewood call this past year. I think I have 10 or 11 of Doc's calls. I've got a few that I hunt with but many of them have never seen the field...I just have a hard time taking out that Tigerwood call with ivory tips or the Ironwood call with a gold band out into the field. Have had a number of conversations with Doc over the years. He's as good a guy as you'll meet. His Double Duck is my favorite sounding call of all that I have and his craftsmanship is 2nd to none...truly pieces of art.

3. lockingblock

Does anyone have an e-mail address for Doc Hull? I would like to buy a call but I hate to just call out of the blue.

4. NBHunter

Doc would love to have you call out of the blue...believe me, he's a great guy. It will be a conversation like you have known him for a long time. He will find out what you want and he will do a great job for you. Are you looking at it for a hunting call or a decorative call? If it's for hunting, he will set you up with either a double or single reed call that fits your liking. If it's for decoration, you are in for a treat. His "Special" Model calls are some of the best out there...not that they don't sound great as well and that you couldn't use them for hunting, but for the athletic appeal, his calls are awesome. He's got some great woods to use. I've got a call out of Mexican Ironwood and another with Snakewood and ivory tips...just awesome.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    OneShotBandit likes this.
  5. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member

:tu

6. lockingblock

I'm going to give him a call, been traveling OCONUS for work.

Now that his website is down, there is a bit of a shortage of info on models of his calls. Does he do different toneboards/models like a timber, open water, or similar?

7. choc24/7

choc24/7 Elite Refuge Member

yes. he is only making a couple calls a year. he is not an acrylic guy anymore

8. kellys

kellys Elite Refuge Member

You wantto hear all about Doc in his own words give my show with him a listen, Itunes Kelly outdoors, Lots of great interviews on there, Enjoy

NBHunter likes this.
  9. NBHunter

That is an awesome interview Kelly. I’ve listened to it several times. So is the Charlie Hess interview. There is some great info on those shows from some of the legends.

10. Mallard Machete

Mallard Machete Elite Refuge Member

Hey Doc, I remember you sir. I'm glad you're still with us. That Olive Wood is a beautiful wood. Take care sir.

Back to lurking.....