Dodge 1500 eco diesel owners

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by fboutdoors, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Blackdog88

Blackdog88 Refuge Member

I also own 2015 big horn 4x4 crew cab eco diesel. 27k miles with zero issues. As buck master already said, I can't say enough good things about this truck. Love it. Tons of power. I was driving an 08 chevy z71 and there is no comparison on any level. Wouldn't hesitate if you are in the market. I haven't done the updates to mine that buck master has done to his, mine is just bone stock but have done a lot of reading about it and am considering doing it. I hear good things about deleting the emissions stuff. 100% best truck truck I've ever owned.

2. Blackdog88

Blackdog88 Refuge Member

Oh, and the big horn will be more in your price range than a Laramie. If I'm not mistaken, the Laramie is the top grade of these trucks. Although I find it hard to believe that it could get much nicer than my big horn. Super nice trucks either way you go!

3. joekiller

joekiller Elite Refuge Member

Had a 14 big horn...was a lemon. All the things online on the ram forum's came to pass on mine.
    Traded for a 16 model Laramie
    Had a couple issues; small stuff,recall on axle shaft which means an axle went bad to us regular folk. Replaced entire read end,chunk and both axles. Picked it back up today. While in the shop,i was in a 15 hemi loaner. Burnt more fuel in the last 2 week's than I could stand! Didn't realize how much I hated gas stations.
    Plenty of power,best ride and drive on the market and I've driven them all. They all have problems and most thought I had lost my mind trading for the second one,but the truck sold itself....

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

4. fboutdoors

fboutdoors Senior Refuge Member

It's a used larimine with 18000 or a new tradesman I have been looking at don't really need all the bells and whistles just more that can go wrong

5. Blackdog88

Blackdog88 Refuge Member

Just out of curiosity buck master, does deleting the emissions stuff void factory warranty? Did it improve fuel mileage? Where could a guy have that kind of work done? Thanks!

6. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Google " green diesel engineering hot tune". They are the go to for eco diesel tuning. They have a web site. They just happen to be less than an hour from my house so I stopped in there and had him swap it out. You can keep your original ecm but you won't have the core price. The way he programmed it a standard dealer would never know you are running a tune. If they were to flash it you would lose that tune though. So then you would have to send it in and pay $50 to re-flash it. It's not a wild tune at all. It just makes some small improvements. It actually shows you when you are regenerating and slows the frequency down on that as well. Look them up. Definitely worth the money.

7. buck_master_2001

Pay the coin to get the nicer radio. It's worth it.

8. buck_master_2001

This is after around 50 miles into back road driving recently. I was driving 55-60 mph. image.jpeg

9. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Regenerating? I thought these things were straight diesel, not a hybrid?

10. buck_master_2001

All modern diesels do it. Hence the use of DEF.