Dog ladder for v Hull Lund

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by Quackhead2008, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Quackhead2008

Quackhead2008 Refuge Member

Hey guys got my boat set up exactly how I want it last season and now this season will be taking my lab with me seen quite a few dog ladder choices and need some help deciding I have a 16 ft Lund v Hull and want a ladder that doesn’t take a lot to set up or store in the boat

2. Doc E

Doc E Elite Refuge Member

3. markd

markd Elite Refuge Member

I have an Lund SSV. I tried a few ramps, none of them work well AND are easy to store. We just ended up having the dogs swim to the stern, they put their front feet on the top of the transom, back feet on the transom...put your hand behind their head, give them a little help and they will pull themselves in. After a couple times they figure it out and it works just fine. They pop right into the boat.

Doc E likes this.
  4. Quackhead2008

Yeah that probably will work just hard to get them in the back of the boat with my blind was hoping to find something for the side entry thanks for the response

5. Ct Lab

Ct Lab Refuge Member

I use a beavertail foldup aluminum on a 16 SSV for deep water, hang it on the transom so dog comes in and leaves from the splash well. I use kennel mat in the splash well and bottom of the boat also.

6. Quackhead2008

I don’t have a splash well in the back how well does the Beavertail ladder sit back there any problems with using it that way

7. metalworx

metalworx Senior Refuge Member

Have one custom made for your boat. PM me if you have any questions.

Metalworx

8. markd

markd Elite Refuge Member

I had one of those, dog caught her toe in the grate and completely tore out one of her toenails. That sucked. Probably doesn't happen often, but still......

9. Long Shot

Long Shot Senior Refuge Member

The easiest way to do this is to take an old hanging tree stand put a lip on the top and hang it off the stern. It folds up to stow in the boat and doesn’t take much space, put a piece of rug on it for traction.

10. Quackhead2008