Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Dominion Cartridge Company

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by Peenoe Hunter, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Peenoe Hunter

Peenoe Hunter Senior Refuge Member

Is Dominion Cartridge Company still around, Are there any domestic ammo makers left in Canada?

2. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Elite Refuge Member

Yup,

http://www.prairieshot.com/

New company here in Manitoba, from the trap shells our club bought the guys are pretty happy with them.

3. CNWD

CNWD Senior Refuge Member

That is very cool I could not find any prices on there 3" steel shot shells any chance you know what they retail for?
    TIA
    Bro

4. Heronk77

Heronk77 Senior Refuge Member

Dominion Cartridge Company merged with several other companies to form Canadian Industries Limited (CIL) well over 50 years ago. The Dominion line of ammunition was offered by CIL then IVI for years after but was probably discountinued over 10 years ago now. The IVI munitions manufacturing equipment was I believe purchased by a group which became Challenger Munitions. Challenger makes shotgun shells under the Challenger brand in the Montreal area. Hard shells to find but great ammunition.

5. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Elite Refuge Member

No idea, the waterfowl loads are new for this year. You might want to give them a call. Very small operation just a couple employees who are also farmmers. If you're interested, better to give them a call now before the spring melt and farming starts up again.

6. Rockblind

Rockblind Elite Refuge Member

22 KM from Stakeblind 4000 KM from Stoneblind's Ho
    I have a old wooden Shot-Gun shell box, has inscribed Dominion Ammunition Division. Montreal Canada.