Alabama Flyway Forum Sponsors

Dove hunts?

Discussion in 'Alabama Flyway Forum' started by BPSJ1, Sep 4, 2017.

1. BPSJ1

BPSJ1 Senior Refuge Member

Hey guys struggling to find a decent pay hunt in North Alabama for me and my son for opening day. Any ideas ????

Can basically travel from Florence to Bridgeport East to West and down to about Cullman to the South.

Help !!!!

Thanks

2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Dunno how good it'll be, but the Limestone Hunting Preserve has one every year. Too rich for my blood. If I can't find any teal before the 9th, I'm going to the river to dub hunt. Teal are showing up here though. Seen a few groups of them this weekend.

3. BPSJ1

They ain't no corn cut.... Checked it out yesterday. Same at the good ol reliable Herford farm. Very very little corn cut up around here.

4. stevena198301

Heck, if I'da known you were near the house, you coulda came over for fried halibut! It was some fine eatin'!

5. BPSJ1

Dang me too!!!

6. cholt

cholt Senior Refuge Member

Go buy a management area liscense and go to swan creek best dive hunt I have been on lots of birds every time I have been there if you go go about down to where the flooding line is where they flood for ducks and there is a wood line that runs down and splits I usually try to get right out in the middle of the field from there and put my back to sun and about 3:00 be ready for a cherry red battel

7. BPSJ1

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I have got it worked out. A friend of a friend of a friend is doing a pay hunt to benefit his sons travel baseball team. It's down close to Browns Ferry. This will work great for us because my son has a football game at 10:30 in Athens!!! We at least won't be too late to the field. Lots of luck to yall on Saturday.

8. stevena198301

You too, bud. Hope ya'll have a barrel burner. I know I won't. Just gonna drink beer and lay in the shade.

9. cholt

Good luck also I'm gonna need it gonna have a 11 and 13 year old should keep dog busy

10. cholt

been seeing teal on two different rivers close to me just have to find a hole away from jet skis right now