Dove recipes to share ??

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by mark seaters, Sep 3, 2017.

1. tennessee

tennessee Senior Refuge Member

I like cutting the filets off the breast and soaking them in water for a day or 2 frequently changing the water. Then I'll rub copious amounts of brown sugar all over the doves and let sit covered for a day. Then wrap in bacon and cook on charcoal, with wood chips, until the smoke flavor is absorbed and the sugar begins to caramelize.

2. Captain black

Captain black New Member

Breast em,. Put a dried apricot in between and wrap with bacon. Oven 400 for 35 minutes.

3. I missed?

I missed? Senior Refuge Member

That sounds really good! Dove is on the menu for me Monday night; will have give it a try. Thanks!

4. ARHHH4

ARHHH4 Refuge Member

I made some up last week.....cleaned and filleted them off the bone and then marinated them overnight in garlic powder, water, italian seasoning, salt and pepper and olive oil....then layed half a strip of bacon down, a Seeded jalapeno quartered, dollop of cream cheese and then the breast....wrap it up and toothpick it...grilled em over medium heat about five minutes on each side....when the bacon crisps up and the cream cheese oozes theyre done.....then made a drizzle with honey, brown sugar and franks red hot....put that on as soon as I Took it off the heat....kinda caramelizes a bit......man they were good!!

5. DWB5

DWB5 Refuge Member

I haven't done this to a dove but its good with a duck and goose. I do a Mississippi roast with them. Take a packet of auju seasoning, a packet of ranch dip seasoning, a stick of butter, and some banana peppers. Put it all in a crockpot and cook it till it falls apart. I have 3 young daughters and they even love it.

6. kayaker2

kayaker2 Senior Refuge Member

Plucked them for the first time in my life. Way easier than a duck. Maybe 3 minutes per bird to pluck and remove the entrails.

IMG_2848.JPG

Made a horseradish/brown sugar crust. Baked then broiled to brown them up. May these were good. Beats the bacon wrap and grilled breasts.

IMG_2902.JPG

CADUCKWHACKER likes this.
  7. CADUCKWHACKER

CADUCKWHACKER Senior Refuge Member

Looks awesome may I ask how you did the brown sugar/ horseradish mixture?

8. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

Quick fried dove breasts (filleted off body) in wonder flour, salt pepper and home made olive oil...laid on a bed of buttery egg noodles... OH MY !! It was a tasty sunday afternoon....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Topped off with a big slab of coffee cake !!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017 at 9:06 PM
    CADUCKWHACKER likes this.
  9. CADUCKWHACKER

CADUCKWHACKER Senior Refuge Member

Oh my that brings back memories of Sunday supper , which is just another name for a late lunch or early dinner
    That looks awesome!!! I hope you enjoy every bit

10. chubby

chubby Senior Refuge Member

That is the way to prepare dove. Legs still intact. Looks like 2 morning and 2 euro's.