Duck/Goose hunting videos. ....the good, bad, and the ugly.

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by bang you'r dead, Nov 14, 2017.

1. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Our season is over, so I have to live through the videos and pictures of other hunters. I look at youtube videos, and I always seem to find something funny or come upon an outstanding video or two. Of all the videos I've watched, this is my favorite, (filmed up in my neck of the woods of course)

A couple of brothers and their dad, on one of their last hunts with their father.

Some have good and bad in them. I liked the decoy setup in this video as well as the logic of hunting the lessers with the snows (which I see a lot as well). The shooting was ok at best, but a hilarious part at about 6:30 in the video, in which 9 geese come in, 4 land in the decoys, the call is made......and nine geese fly away. Pretty funny. As for the guy.....not my style, but if you like barrel stickers and such, you will enjoy him.

Again, watch around the 6:30 mark.

and of course the ugly, which is about 99% of the rest of them, usually filmed with a go pro which makes the birds look 500 yds away.

2. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Liked the first video a lot. The second.....too much marketing crap, too much I wanna be a homie,in the hood, with a hoodie, garbage. OK, I get it for the 99th time . Hoodie deal only 48 hours. Annoying as hell. The actual hunting was good the rest is what I can't stand about the new generation of hunters that fall into the trap of wearing their egos on their sleeves and are insecure and have to be cartoon characters to feel good about themselves and try to impress others, which actually does the opposite..

3. Jbryan

Jbryan Refuge Member

These are three of my favorites:

The first is Dream Weaver Creative/Kota Pursuit. He has two channels that are both really good. Here is my favorite video of his:

His channels-
    Dream Weaver Creative:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEwKlBygf8RVnmdrsBiDGhQ
    Kota Pursuit: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ6BZFEbDJuqp6qpvmI9X8g

The second is Slade N.W. They are from the west coast and have some really great videos! Here is my favorite of theirs.

The last is Cana Outdoors. It seems like he is friends with the Slade guys, but he is also a really really good videographer.

4. dankoustas

dankoustas Elite Refuge Member

Bang your Dead, I really liked the first video, the guys were really funny and it was some good footage.
    jBryan, the first video was fantastic, its amazing how good the footage is nowadays. On one of the videos they even had the drone up when they shot a duck, that was the first time I have ever seen that.
    Dan

Jbryan likes this.
  5. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Some impressive videography. As long as I don't have to listen to a country and western "duck blind" song while guys are shooting, its all good. I didn't enjoy the first one as much. It seems that the more guys that are shooting, the less I seem to enjoy it. I'd rather see 1 or 2 guys pick birds out and use some skilled shooting than 11 guys empty their guns at each flock that comes in. My own preference. The last video was great (could lose the music though).

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Jbryan likes this.