Duck Oven in classifieds...

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Big Daddy Gaddy, Feb 11, 2019.

1. mak2782

mak2782 Elite Refuge Member

Me either, they pay me to wear mine and take lotsa pics for the instabooktwittergram

#tribe
    #sitkaathlete (that one makes me chuckle the most, these sitka "athletes" buying 4xl jackets to ride their quads to a heated blind." I aint mad..... Im jealous.

I like sitka..... dont get me wrong. nice stuff.

Silver Wings and callinfowl like this.
  2. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Does Stika make 4XL? I'm in. :l:l:l

In all honesty, if I could afford Sitka gear I would wear it. I've checked out some of their stuff that a friend/one of their staffers wears and the quality seems really nice.
    Just to rich for my blood, and I can get by for much less money seeing we live hunt in CA where most days that we hunt are 50 to 70*. I'm not made of sugar, so getting a little wet at times isn't the end of the world for me. A wool sweater and a shell work for me in most cases.

3. Calikev

Calikev Elite Refuge Member

Yep........hard to beat good old wool and I prefer a shell jacket myself for layering as well.

The Sitka timber stuff is pretty nice but on the pricey side.

In all honestly I just like to poke fun at Team Sitka because it is the latest and the greatest. Waterfowling is becoming a fashion show these days and lots of guys will jump on the latest trends to find something better. Funny thing is a year or two before they were telling us how great their other gear was that they are now abandoning. Kind of a sign of the times I guess.......

ducslayer and callinfowl like this.
  4. mak2782

mak2782 Elite Refuge Member

:bow:l

Agree big time. Sitka stuff is nice, I have tried some on...... just cant justify it.

The fashion show comment has me rolling. I see all these matching camo outfits and face paint on these videos and I have to laugh. Sometimes intentionally, I will wear 3 different camo patterns just to watch peoples heads explode.

Remember when Drake was the cats meow and everyone had to have the latest and greatest Drake jackets, pants, undies.... same deal just different era now.

Wonder who the next big splash in the clothing world will be?

5. Big Daddy Gaddy

Big Daddy Gaddy Elite Refuge Member

One major difference...Drake sucks. Sucked then and sucks now. I like their T-Shirts though.

CADUCKWHACKER and Dan Mallia like this.
  6. Calikev

I predict it will be over $500 as that seems to be the trend now. The more money it is it must be better, right?

Now Sitka wader horror stories are filtering in. Leaking crotches........ :l

mak2782 likes this.
  7. Calikev

For waterproof I agree 100% but as far as design I actually like some of their other garments. I just don't wear them to be waterproof.......

I'll probably pick up a Filson's sweater this year. I'm impressed with them.

8. BHG

BHG New Member

Cant beat Sitka for the waterproofness and comfort. I agree. Drake products are the worst when it comes to being “waterproof”

9. Jim Dandy

Jim Dandy Elite Refuge Member

Most of my stuff over the years has been used military surplus. I still wear surplus. I have a Swiss military issue 1/4 zip wool sweater that was 29 bucks. It's a must on cold boat hunts. The "I don't pay for Sitka" comment was a joke as I was recently gifted a Sitka hat that someone couldn't use. I have the Sitka Hudson bibs. They are as ofbthe date the finest piece of waterfowl hunting gear I own, barring my SX3. Every, and I mean every pair of bibs I had leaked. And they were bulky. So far Sitka has solved soon if that. The only bibs I had that didn't leak were German military surplus but no insulation. Now I have Sitka and I'm happy. Still use the Germans and so does my lady. She likes Sitka too. 20190207_145046.jpg

Dandy

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  10. Big Daddy Gaddy

Big Daddy Gaddy Elite Refuge Member

That’s the disappointment. Drake = Wet.

I like the magnetic pockets, fleece bottom on their pullover, etc. Could have been great if they used better materials.