Duck Truck?

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by NEAduck, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Devin Yee

Devin Yee New Member

I have an old 90 gmc k1500. Great truck for a hunting/off-road rig. Hasn’t failed me yet. Only cons is that these old models don’t make a ton of power and the original clear coat flakes off.

2. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

I have two duck trucks; a 1984 Chevy K10 long bed/regular cab, and a 2000 Silverado half-ton long bed/regular cab. Both are v-8 and 4x4, with plenty of power. I bought the Silverado, after owning the '84 for ten years, for all the reasons tcc mentioned in his posts. They are both primarily duck hunting trucks. They have both proven to be quite reliable, simple-to-repair/replace worn parts, and I can work on them myself.
    For me having two vehicles available during the duck season (the Silverado goes into storage during the off-season) is great peace of mind. They are not money pits, and I couldn't see myself without them. The nice thing about the old '84 (his name is Rusty, which should tell you a lot about him) is that I do not worry at all about it being muddy, getting scratched or dented, etc. This keeps the 2000 silverado (it's actually pristine with 38K miles on it) clean, waxed, and spotless.
    Bottom line, NEAduck, is your idea has worked out wonderfully for me....and it might for you, too. While it won't save you any money, it will enhance your duck hunting experiences.