Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Dumb Hydroturf ?

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Capt. Jack, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Capt. Jack

Capt. Jack Elite Refuge Member

:scratch
    Do you have to install a solid floor before installing the sheets or can it be applied directly to the ribs with nothing in between them?

Sorry----

Cap

2. hatchieriverboy

hatchieriverboy Senior Refuge Member

i would not think it would be absolutely necessary but why spen the money on HT without putting a nice smooth, snag free floor in first. :scratch

3. Capt. Jack

Just tryin' to get some information. Didn't know if it required a "nice smooth, snag free floor" before installing it. Don't know if it is solid enough to install without a solid floor below. I guess it really was a dumb ?. :rolleyes:

Cap

4. Clow

Clow Senior Refuge Member

you must have a solid smooth surface to put the HT on.

5. Capt. Jack

Thank you! :tu

Cap

6. ntropy

ntropy Elite Refuge Member

I am not sure about your question, but hydroturf is a soft foam product. It has no rigidity by itself. You could lay it on the metal between ribs but you couldn't lay it across the tops of ribs and expect it to hold up.

I have it in 2 boats. One over clean aluminum and its holding up great. In the other boat I installed it over a textured fiberglass floor with 3m spray on glue and the pre-glued sheets. By the end of the first season I had water working up under the hydroturf and loosening the glue. It wasn't a hydroturf problem but a textured floor problem.

Hydroturf is a great product but install it over a flat clean aluminum or flat clean fiberglass floor.

7. Mojo Jeff

Mojo Jeff New Member

Whare can I buy - price out Hydro Turf ? I am looking for camo patern and have looked on the web and only found non camo and can not find a price per sheet.

Anyone, Have any info on it?

8. keeshadilla

keeshadilla Senior Refuge Member

At the HT web site, under sheets of HT click the pattern you want to "add to cart" then the colors come up, not an easy site to navigate.

9. shotgunslb

shotgunslb Elite Refuge Member

Jeff, check out www.Gatortrax.com. They have rolls of Duck Camo Hydroturf for $80, a 6x4 ft. sheet.:tu

10. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

shotguns,

Web address for Gatortrax is actually www.gatortraxboats.com

I'd also doublecheck the sheet size you have listed...it's definitely larger than what they sell. Not sure of the right numbers. I have bought a fair amount of hydroturf from GT, but not the camo stuff (yet).