East Side Geese

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by goosetalk, Jan 2, 2009.

1. goosetalk

goosetalk Senior Refuge Member

Here are a few pics from me and my dad?s goose hunting success the past 2 weeks. We have only had 2 or 3 guys out so we have limited out or very close to limiting out every hunt.

On this hunt there were 3 guys, I was not one, but my dad, a friend, and the other man in the pic who only has one arm but is still a great shot with an over and under.

[​IMG]

The next pics all came from a corn field that I almost see from my house. At the time, everything but the local sand pits were froze solid and they were holding 800-1000 geese. Our field wasn?t being used very much but there were plenty of geese in the area.

My buddy and I shot these 3 out of one flock, so we decided to leave one shy to let the geese use the field unharrassed. We should have had 4 but I just couldn?t knock mine down. These were either Giants or EP?s, weighing 8-10 lbs.

[​IMG]

The next pic was a great and fast hunt, done by 7:30. 3 man limit out of 2 flocks. 1st flock had 15 in and 5 were about to touch the ground and we knocked out 4. Next group had 20 and 4 dropped out fast and with 2 shots 2 fell to complete the limit. Wish we had more guys that day.

[​IMG]

In this pic, my dad is holding 2 geese that came out of the same flock. One weighs 10-11 lbs and the other weighs 5-6 lbs.

[​IMG]

2. duky

duky Senior Refuge Member

nice job! :clap

3. Farmer Floyd

Farmer Floyd Elite Refuge Member

Nice.

4. Hopmeister

Hopmeister Elite Refuge Member

Great Job Fellers!