Emotional support squirrel

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by newduk, Oct 11, 2018.

1. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

The ADA does not recognize "emotional support animals" as "service animals" and they are not protected by the ADA. In fact, the only animals recognized by the ADA as service animals are dogs and miniature horses and they have to be trained to work or perform a task.

Hogleg, gadwall52 and The_Duck_Master like this.
  2. newduk

newduk Elite Refuge Member

I think I remember seeing that some airlines allow a miniature horse as a support animal. I wonder less about the folks who "need" these types of animals than I do the fact that it has become so acceptable.

3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

For now. That was his point, as I took it.

4. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

There was a local guy here who was going into pastures and molesting miniature horses... he finally got caught after his wallet fell out of his pants (because they were around his ankles) in a pasture. Wallet contained photo ID.

5. ReaPeR105

ReaPeR105 Elite Refuge Member

I guess she would have crapped her pants when I had it skinned out and in the microwave before the police arrived.

6. newduk

newduk Elite Refuge Member

You are obviously a close minded, animal hating, non freedom loving, would be tyrant. It's people like you who keep me from flying with my support Zebra. For shame!

stevena198301 likes this.
  7. ReaPeR105

ReaPeR105 Elite Refuge Member

I know a few and having an emotional support squirrel is a bunch of crap for even the most mentally ill.

8. TheDuckSlayer

Here’s a thought- maybe some of you guys should not worry so much about what other people are doing and what they claim brings them happiness or “comfort.” You know, a live and let live type of deal.

For the record, I do agree that delaying a flight for 2 hours is ridiculous and should not have happened. That was an extreme case of disregard for others by the owner of the comfort squirrel. My comment is directed at those of you who are saying the whole premise of “comfort animals” is stupid, unnecessary, etc. If someone wants a comfort squirrel and they are not affecting your life in any way, why do you guys feel the need to judge him/her?

9. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

Quit trolling. Even you aren’t so stupid as to see this is an example of support animals effecting peoples lives. Then again maybe you missed it......

10. TheDuckSlayer

Did you even read my post? I specifically stated that this was clearly one example of comfort animals affecting (at least I’m smart enough to know the difference between “affect” and “effect”) people negatively. My comment was directed at the folks saying the whole premise of comfort animals is stupid and unnecessary. In other words, why pass judgement on the thousands of other people who own comfort animals and aren’t bothering anyone?