Expensive Decoys

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by Susky Ducker, Jul 24, 2017.

1. creedsduckman

creedsduckman Elite Refuge Member

Alot of what I was referring to. Can't afford to lease let alone buy my own land/blind. Pretty much have to tag along with friends when there is room. As far as decoys go I have no desire to buy any, I much prefer to hunt over my carved birds. I do shoot a SBEII I bought new for around $1300 I think, it's going on its 11th season so I think it's paid for itself. I do not forsee any reason for every having to buy another shotgun, it should last the rest of my life.

2. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

Price out a new center console or pilot house. New boats are up a solid 100% in 7 years. And they're getting it.
    Scary.

3. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Knowing what I do about the margin on decoys, I'm always shocked so many try to get in that business. There are a lot of hands in that jar by the time you get them from a dealer's shelves.

You business minded folks should figure up the final shelf price of a product which is invoiced at $20 FOB China. That should be a good start in figuring out what a fair price is for a product.

Scotty, Powder and brentbullets like this.
  4. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

Decoys are cheap if you know where to look and use price tracker browser extensions.

5. Susky Ducker

Susky Ducker Refuge Member

Don't know what that is. What do you consider cheap for a dozen geese fullbodies

6. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

$150-$200 depends on if they have stakes, ring bases, & bags. last dozen of NIB FB I bought was $160 without bags.
    I've bought 5 dozen deadly mallards and pintails all with heads for $55 a dozen over the past 7 weeks. Bought 3 dozen canada sleeper shells for $72/dozen, and 4 mojos with remotes for $70 per deke over the winter. all new in the box. The deals are out there. Watching some full body canadas right now, if they keep falling at the same rate, I'll pull the trigger at $130 a dozen plus tax.

7. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

Hell like you said foots used to be $150 for a half doz in 1990 and are now $160. Had they track dollar for dollar with inflation they would be considerably more expensive coming in at $287.22 per 6 so technically they cost nearly half of what they did back then

8. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Where the hell are you finding deal like that and what brand? Used decoys aren't even going for those prices.

tcc and Susky Ducker like this.
  9. brentbullets

brentbullets Elite Refuge Member

And BF's were made in the USA in 1990, not so much anymore.

tcc and ED Vanderbeck like this.
  10. Susky Ducker

Susky Ducker Refuge Member

I agree give me the info so I can put a stop on the $450 order I just made with Rogers lol