Favorite food in the blind ???

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by BADLARRY250, Aug 24, 2017.

1. WackyWoodieWacker

WackyWoodieWacker New Member

while gettin down on some breakfast food in a nice big blind with the boys sounds like a great time... 90% of my hunts are walk or boat in on public land to small potholes standing in flooded timber or marsh after highly pressured woodies and occasional mallards and blacks. There's not time or space for a full blown breakfast bar. If you're in a hole the birds wanna be, you will have your limit in the first 30 min. If not, there's no point in stayin cause they've already lit two holes over. On days I do expect to stay out awhile I carry a granola bar and some deer jerky.

ronaldo likes this.
  2. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

My son & I buddy hunt with a guide on Reelfoot when he doesn't have paying sports. He would bring his dad along to do the cooking and that's all he did, well except drink beer and bitch. His dad did the guiding back in the 70s, 80s and 90s. Unfortunately, his dad passed away a couple of years ago so he dragooned his son into doing the cooking. The boys likes to call AND shoot so the outcome of breakfast is somewhat sketchy if the birds are flying good. He hasn't screwed it up yet but the potential is there.

3. Over The Decoys

Over The Decoys Elite Refuge Member

Little Debbie's Honey Buns and coffee.

4. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Opening day, bacon n egg sammich's on croissants. Coffee.

After that, chicken fried waterfowl strips, soaked in salsa overnight.

5. Conewago duck'n

Conewago duck'n Senior Refuge Member

Scrapple sandwiches on butter bread with apple butter. Quick and easy and hot, greasy goodness on a cold morning.

6. cast&blast

cast&blast Senior Refuge Member

We eat like kings in the blinds. I usually put on a little weight during season. Bill already covered my favorite, but my second favorite is pancakes with warm maple syrup, sausage, and eggs. Heck just about anything cooked over the charcoal bucket tastes great. When hunting flooded timber we usually eat when we get back to camp.

7. Huntges11

Huntges11 Senior Refuge Member

I usually make up individual breakfast casseroles in foil containers. They heat up quicker. Farm eggs, sausage, cheese, potatoes, chopped gr pepps & onions from the garden. Make up several batches throughout the season. For a change we go sausage breakfast biscuits. When my 16 yo nephew was just starting out hunting with us we did the breakfast biscuits at home on a non-hunting day. After eating he says "These just arent near as good as in the blind". I knew then he got it.

8. coachcornbread

coachcornbread Elite Refuge Member

IMG_2438.JPG I usually make up a breakfast casserole the night before with biscuits, eggs, cheese, sausage and green peppers. Every once in awhile I will put in deer backstraps instead of the sausage. We take my campchef oven with us to heat it up.

9. possumfoot

possumfoot Elite Refuge Member

they do the same thing down here. we just don't get too tore up about it. 2 cooking is all you need. means ya still have 8+ on the deck. plus even when we are eating, just set your plate on the rail and cut em with a mouth full.

bill cooksey likes this.
  10. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

10 Guys in a blind? :eek: :eek: :eek: That's just insane. I complain that 4 guys in a blind turns into a cluster....