Gear review

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by hunt'ngreen, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Calikev

Calikev Elite Refuge Member

I had the same exact issue with mine. I didn't notice it right away but drained it out and ran it after and the motors both still worked. So took it home and didn't use it on the next couple of hunts due to the wind. Went to load it the next time and only one motor worked. Other completed seized up and dead. Probably all that water did it in.

I'm not going to waste my time with it. I'll just move onto something else.

Jerk cords are hard to deal with if you aren't right on the water line. Some places I hunt they just aren't feasible.

2. Quakbangsplash

Quakbangsplash Refuge Member

Benelli sbe2 always works.
    Boss shot shells ...... amazing patterns with smaller shot and they kill easily to 40 yards if you choke them right.
    jebs .680 and rob Roberts t3 both threw best patterns out of a bunch of chokes with Kent and boss bismuth 4's and 5's
    Sitka... everything I have ever bought it stupid reliable and just plain works. Only issue I have ever come across is zipper on a Hudson jacket and they replaced it with new model.
    Lares Hybrid .... love this call
    Dakota decoys with flocked heads.... after 3 seasons......super durable, look great, move with the slightest breeze, and can get replacement heads for the drakes. Cant wait to try the inflatable ones.
    Dogtra on its 4th season and running strong.
    Banded waders leaking everywhere after 2nd season but I got the cheapest non insulated and was actually surprised they held up as long as they did. Not sure if I will get another or spring for sitka.
    '13 tundra..... another season of driving all over the country chasing greenheads. Never an problem with this truck.
    black lab female...... best dogs on earth.

3. TheCanMan

TheCanMan Refuge Member

I went with some Mojo Butt Up Ripplers this year and loved them. No issues with water leaking and added great water movement / motion. They were reasonably priced too, picked them up for $29 each on an Amazon sale.

Calikev - fill a plastic jug with sand, pass the jerk cord through the handle and drop it in the water next to you, great way to keep the jerk cord down.

Best new gear I ran this year was a NuCanoe Frontier 12 Kayak with their layout blind, Sitka Dakota Hoodie, and NoCry waterproof rechargeable spotlight ($40 and it floats too). The NoCry spotlight was the single greatest bang for the buck, it’s awesome.

Calikev likes this.