Gear review

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by hunt'ngreen, Jan 17, 2019.

1. freefall

freefall Elite Refuge Member

Columbia Wigeon jacket... hands down the most functional hood in any jacket and kept me dry.

RM CWF & Alpha, love them both.

KW Spec, phenomenal call, far better than I am.

Roger's Massive game cart... big & folds crazy easy. I'm not a fan of the axel design but that's an easy fix.

Ramblingman likes this.
  2. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

For dry hunting (especially in a layout blind) I bought another pair of insulated firehose pants from Duluth Trading. These pants and (if its really cold) a pair of long johns keep ya warm enough to not be distracted by the weather.

Squaller and Flyfisher like this.
  3. Kornfed

Kornfed Senior Refuge Member

Running some avians. Look so real I've damn near waterswatted em after I awoke from a brief power nap.
    Switched out tubes, running a patternmaster code black duck, has put my confidence at hitting a duck to an all time high, even tho my shooting still blows.
    Got a flat of federal (redbox). Will be my new go to load.
    Last but not least is my mange, his first year has exceeded all expectations. One proud papa.

4. WacknStack530

WacknStack530 Senior Refuge Member

Vortex Fury binoculars - this photo was taken from 416yds away, when someone decided to cork me and park between the grind and the spread. Got a great clear photo of the GMC pickup. This guy drove by a couple times then decided to park there for a while. I bet he's a mallard chaser

Attached Files:

freefall likes this.
  5. Kwack

Kwack Senior Refuge Member

One and a half seasons on my Franchi Intensity and really happy with it.

Second season shooting Fiochi shells, happy with those too.

Rogers Tough Man breathable waders, meh. They seem to seep at the seam at the top of the boot so I'm always a bit clamy.

My one year old chocolate lab, very very happy.

freefall likes this.
  6. SpoonySmacker

SpoonySmacker Senior Refuge Member

I forgot a few.

Lacrosse Mallard 2 waders. Warm as can be. Leaky seam on inside of left knee now after 3 season. Should be able to repair it.

On X hunt app. Great tool for pinpointing locations in free roam. Great for foggy days where you can’t see **** or the coffee hasn’t kicked in yet.

freefall likes this.
  7. Calvalhntr1

Calvalhntr1 Elite Refuge Member

That dude is either a complete idiot or a complete ***...

8. afmoto

afmoto Senior Refuge Member

Honda Rincon ATV - simple, reliable, typical Honda
    Cabela's Deluxe ATV cover - heavy duty, great quality cover, worth every penny
    Beretta A400 Xtreme - pleasure to shoot, had one mishap but it was my fault for not tightening the cap properly
    Simms G3 stockingfoot waders and boots - best waders I've owned so far, no leaks and super comfortable (have a pair of Sitkas arriving tomorrow because I got them stupid cheap, but definitely keeping the Simms)
    Sitka Delta jacket and Duck Oven, with merino and core layers - unbelievably warm and comfortable, bone dry in the storms
    Lucky Duck flippy - forgot to turn it off on a Saturday and the battery lasted about 28-29 hours
    KW speck call - easy to blow, can even make a hack like me sound halfway decent
    DryCase backpack - as waterproof as it gets, nothing inside will get wet, best $50 purchase on eBay

Gomer likes this.
  9. Gomer

Gomer Elite Refuge Member

I can just make out the vanity plate.......STINKY

10. apollo455

apollo455 Senior Refuge Member

StikNtheMud gun holder, great for free roaming or assigned ponds. Bottom tray can hold a few shells also.