goose

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by cam, Feb 6, 2019.

1. cam

cam Elite Refuge Member

you say that until you have 15 at you door ready to roll. but I shouldn't complain I have been lucky enough to have good places to hunt .get the birds they will come . lol

2. WuChang

WuChang Elite Refuge Member

If it is that good, then buying the giant size bottle of Advil for all of us old geezers is always an option LOL

3. captaininsano050

captaininsano050 Senior Refuge Member

4. WuChang

WuChang Elite Refuge Member

Yes you do....but the side effects are much more immediate

WHUP ! Hen likes this.
  5. TooTall

TooTall Elite Refuge Member

Some of the "old timers" I hunt with said the latter part of the season reminded them of the southern IL glory days. It was certainly some of the best honker hunting I've experienced. I was starting to get nervous in early/mid Janurary when we still didn't have many geese but when it turned on, it turned on for real!

6. drakenuts

drakenuts Senior Refuge Member

The Saturday and especially Sunday of the last weekend was awesome, probably the strongest reverse migration I will ever see in my life with 60 degree temps after -25 to -30 just north of here 4 or 5 days earlier. Canadians everywhere every hour of the day on the reverse. We even had green wing teal landing in our ice hole goose spread, with 5-7" thick ice where they were landing. That last Sunday of the goose season had to be one for the books for just about anyone in the state, dumb park geese from Iowa and Minnesota on the reverse, finally in Missouri. It only took -25 to -30 to get them down here. All species of birds at all altitudes, it seemed like an infinite amount at about every layer of the atmosphere the entire day. We were not near any major refuge or traditional refuge area either, common spot.