Guide Infestation

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by Ramblingman, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Ramblingman

Ramblingman Senior Refuge Member

You ain't battled until you have been in the middle of a "Guide vs. Guide" field fight. When you have guides going around scaring birds off nearby fields to keep them from stacking up and not working into the clients.....then offering money to bust a private roost because a competing guide outbid them on the feed...... that's when the battle gets crazy and these clowns show what kind of people they are.

Neck Collar and Marshwalker like this.
  2. duckhunter22

duckhunter22 New Member

We've had individuals do that to us. Even had them drive into our field to scare birds out the day before we were going to hunt it. Now that you say that though, I wish we would have had the farmer hold off on calling them back until after dark today, because I can definitely see them trying to scare the birds off the field if they return this evening.

3. bgk

bgk Senior Refuge Member

I really hate hearing about all the guides popping up in your state. I can tell you from personal experience that they have totally destroyed hunting in my home state of TX.

In my opinion, 90% or more guides are nothing but loudmouth, bottom feeders who prey on the ignorant. I’ve been hunting waterfowl since 1956 and watched SE TX go from a waterfowl meca to a 3 ring circus all because the Federal government and state governments legalize and refuse to regulate this form of market hunting.

It truly makes me sick to my stomach to say that I am afraid that most of y’all are seeing the end of a sport that we all love.

sylvanwilson, Neck Collar, JP and 5 others like this.
  4. CBretriever

CBretriever Refuge Member

I couldn’t agree more with these guides/outfitters are nothing more than legalized market hunting except instead of the birds going to market they most likely end up in the ditch

5. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

Got Range War?

6. prairie hunter

prairie hunter Elite Refuge Member

Remember this thread the next time you go thinking about buying Fred's calls or decoys. He is big time guide supporter ... pretty much all he does when he is hunting in OK, KS, etc... Anywhere outside his flooded corn lease a couple states east.

7. prairie hunter

prairie hunter Elite Refuge Member

There are at least two MN outfitters guiding in KS this winter.

8. thunderfromdownunder

thunderfromdownunder Senior Refuge Member

Wait until u get guides from Alberta showing up. Then u can say cats out of the bag