Help identifying Goose Flute

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by PG&F17Cain, Mar 23, 2019.

1. PG&F17Cain

PG&F17Cain New Member

E15971EE-A7CB-4112-A167-35651E8ED808.jpeg Trying to identify this goose flute. Has some writing on it, can’t read it all. But I do see Proto Type written, looks like a turkey in strut assuming someones brand logo, 98 like the year and some other things signed on it, looks like maybe Dick,Withers, your and thats all I can make out. I cannot get the call apart to look at tonal or reed

huntaholic21 likes this.
  2. auto5

auto5 Elite Refuge Member

3. kjl845

kjl845 Refuge Member

Looks like an old Quaker Boy call by Dick Kirby. They were in the turkey call business and branched out into waterfowl calls around that time. Its not a Weineke, Ron sometimes changed things up a bit but still retained some original style.

PG&F17Cain and OneShotBandit like this.
  4. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I have 3 RW calls: 2 cocobola & a plastic cutdown and the don’t like anything like that one.

5. joecitrano

joecitrano Elite Refuge Member

Quaker boy

PG&F17Cain likes this.
  6. PG&F17Cain

PG&F17Cain New Member

Had somebody check it out and this is what it is! Just below the groove below the brass band it reads PROTO TYPE then there is a drawing of a FULL STRUT TURKEY, then it reads; YOUR FRIEND, then it reads DICK KIRBY. Thanks to all for the help, now we know!

callinfowl likes this.