Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

Hollywood

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by bluemarlin08, Feb 13, 2003.

1. HVAC Worker

HVAC Worker Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for the info Rex,I only met Charles 3 times at dinners we had.He was a cool dude,loved his family,and could tell some stories about hunting and women.Two of the dinners were at Naturals house,anyone heard from him lately?

2. duckmann

duckmann Elite Refuge Member

He doesn't travel here anymore. Is on FaceBook daily.

3. ole cypress

ole cypress Elite Refuge Member

Still guiding at Reelfoot. Haven't talked with him. But from the pics appears they have been smoking them.

4. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    Afternoon Gents -
    I talked to Ole Stuff' this morning and he said that he's much better now and that he ought to be able to put his ZX#$%*X#% walker in the dump come next week, if he can pay off the Doc who fixed back up his hip bone.

He was glad to hear that I been emptying out the junk that's been piled up in the boat during the off season and getting it primed for Crappie fishing. We also discussed a future spring-time fish cookin' at Ole ThorneSide Cabin to get things started off right.

Maybe even another Mud-bug cookin'!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's what I love about spring-time. It re-news old things and puts life back up front where it ought to be!

Me, Maggie, & Stuff'.......

5. smashdn

smashdn Elite Refuge Member

Hate to see that this has dropped off the first page.

6. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Hi Dan'l -
    Yea, kinda sad that it did. Course, theres been several folks through this time that's dropped off this old earthly place also. Thanks for getting it back up. Maybe some of the old standards will get back in it. You doing anything?? We still got nothing but a big pond right now. Maybe the rain the 1st of the week will give us something to play in.

Me, Maggs, & Stuff'..........

7. smashdn

smashdn Elite Refuge Member

Not a lot. Still making plans for the weekend and ruling this spot out that spot out.

Trying to weigh the hard hunt that would likely result in birds or an easy hunt with wife and daughter to get them out. May do one on Saturday and the other on Sunday.

8. bluemarlin08

bluemarlin08 Elite Refuge Member

Talking with my 89 year old dad the other day while he was in the hospital. Relived memories of breakfast at Hank's, that freezing cold bathroom there, the cold boat rides, so many ducks. Made him and me smile.

GUNNERX2 likes this.
  9. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Morning Ned -
    Hows the family doing these days?? We sure hope all is well & Miss Beth is ordering you around. We hope the Hammonds are doing well and getting ready for Christmas also.
    All is well & healthy in our part of the world. Me & the Missus' are still going to the gym 2 to 3 days a week to keep the knee Docs at bay riding the bike and walking a mile or so.
    We get there bout' 6:30 in the morning to beat the crowd. Turns out, there are about 40 to 50 of us around the same age doing the same thing. Aint all that much fun, but the docs aint either.
    That silver sneakers program from BCBS thats free is worth twice what we pay for it.
    Our 4 yr old grandson is ruling the roost around me for sure. Everytime he comes over, we got to have an adventure which means Grandpa has got to walk the back pasture and play in the creek with Maggie Mae..

Happy holidays to you all!

Me, Maggs, & Stuff'.........

10. bluemarlin08

bluemarlin08 Elite Refuge Member

Hey Rex, we are hanging in there. Beth is still struggling with her health issues and I have been in the hospital 16 times in the past 3 years, but feeling better. Talked with Gil recently and he invited me to hunt one day with him and Tony in blind 89. Hope you get rain soon, maybe one day I could join you at Plantation Bottoms. Merry Christmas to you and yours.