Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

Hunting OH

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by TNhunterKMC, Dec 17, 2018.

1. TNhunterKMC

TNhunterKMC New Member

I’ve been duck hunting only one single weekend with a friend about 20 years ago. Had fun even though it was supposedly the worst day duck hunting the guys I went with had ever had in their 30+ years of duck hunting. I don’t think i even pulled the trigger the whole weekend. We saw ducks for about 10 mins both days right at the beginning of shooting light. I didn’t need another hobby since all my spare time was spent turkey hunting, deer hunting, kayak fishing or hiking/ backpacking. My son started duck hunting with some of his college buddies over in Knoxville last year and I’ve been wanting to give it a try. I’d try to find some place on Percy Priest but a guy I work with that used to kill lots of ducks on priest said that was a total waste of time now a days. Are there any of the blinds on Old Hickory huntable without a boat. I walked the bottom where blind 11, 12, 14 are today and looks like you need a boat to get to 12 and 14 and you can walk to 11 but would need a boat to retrieve anything killed. I have a kayak I could use if necessary. I assume most all the OH blinds are hunted most weekend day but what about the week days. Are most of them hunted those days too? What about 11, 12, 14 are those blinds hunted most every day?

2. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    good luck....

3. medickitttttt

medickitttttt New Member

There are sure a lot of variables involved in old hickory blinds,and also ducks on the project. I wish you luck.....

4. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

We ran across some kayak hunters the other day when launching our boat. They looked at the river and the waves and didn't have the stomach for it. They moved on to more suitable water.
    Understand, walking to some of the blinds you mentioned, would mean trespassing. Might want to contact landowners beforehand.