Hunting paradise fixing to hit the market.

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by RNTquackaholic, Apr 4, 2018.

1. RNTquackaholic

RNTquackaholic Elite Refuge Member

1050 -/+ ac in drew co. with flooded green timber hunting and some sloughs to hunt. Has excellent duck hunting. Lots of deer, and turkeys. This place is full of game, has a nice house on it 3000sq ft, creeks run through it, ponds, reservoir, 2 wells, some farm fields can be enrolled in crp. Pine, and hardwood timber.
    2.7 million is the sale price.
    it's going to be listed at cbrpm.com, with rpm reality out of little rock. If anyone has some friends or family with deep pockets. I checked my pocket and it was kinda empty, but I thought I'd let ya'll know.

stevena198301 likes this.
  2. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

I’ll throw in a 6 pack of Natty and a half smoked Black&Mild on it

3. lockingblock

lockingblock Refuge Member

4. RNTquackaholic

Papers were just signed Friday so it will take a little bit to get listed.
    www.cbrpm.com is the website, it will be in drew county. landowner said 2.9 was the price it will be listed for.
    I'll post the link when it comes up on market.

5. RNTquackaholic

tocole@rpmgroup.com is the realtors email contact.
    He's getting all the info put together and such. The tract to be sold is the "byrd lake property"
    You can google byrd lake dam on your iphone maps and it will put you in the middle of the place.

6. lockingblock

lockingblock Refuge Member

It is interesting, there have been a TON of hunting properties for sale over the last 5 years. The Cocacola woods were for sale not too long ago. That's the place the Echo guys shot a bunch of videos. I am removed from the market at the moment, but it would be interesting to know why so many hunting properties...big ones over 1K acres...are selling.

I wonder if the older generation is just getting too old...or the money is too great not to sell? Maybe it is hard to keep them running with water requirements and game laws.

Curious either way...so many properties sold recently.

7. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Not to speak of hunting properties, but properties in general around here are seeing the farmer die off, and the kids just see dollar signs. Corn and cotton fields are becoming subdivisions at a breakneck pace. Our area is growing quickly, and there is way more money in selling the farm (again, most of these folks I speak of don’t want to farm, they want one large chunk of cash). All daddy left them was a few hundred acres. Not a giant bank account. They’ll sell it to whoever offers first.

8. RNTquackaholic

The parents die, leave it free and clear to the kids/grandkids, they live 2 hours away and don't realize what they have. They see $$$$ and don't realize how hard it was to get back 50-70 years ago and don't appreciate what they have really.
    They will sell the ground and then blow the money in many cases and in 2-3 years wonder what they did.
    It's really crazy.

stevena198301 likes this.
  9. rhpierce

rhpierce Elite Refuge Member

Big place takes a lot of money every year just to operate. Water for the woods, levee maintenance (which includes everything from dirt work to busting beaver dams), any supplemental planting on rest areas or wherever else, taxes, utilities on that 3000 square foot getaway spot that gets used how many days a year?...etc., etc.

And that's before you've ever built a blind, sunk a pit, or bought the first jerk string.

Lotta scratch.

And, with duck killing being the vogue thing and duck hunting in Arkansas being on the downhill side, smart thing to cash the chips out before the rubes figure out how much they paid for pepaw's leftovers. If I had the money, I wouldn't have a big club here. I'd be the biggest OOS'r out there. Canada, NoDak/Kansas, Oklahoma, Chesapeake Bay, Washington/Oregon and hunt here a couple times a year for fun, probably still cheaper than the annual cost of having a big club.

10. Diprivan

Diprivan Refuge Member

“Hunting paradise” is a bit of a stretch. At least it is close to the most expensive liquor/beer in the state though.