Hunting with your wife!!

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by salthunter, Dec 13, 2018.

1. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

My wife was single until we met. She hunted big game with her dad until she was thirty,.. and has a pile of big mulies.

When we were first married she often hunted with me. When our kids were young we hunted at least a dozen times a year as a family. And often our family vacations were Wyoming antelope hunts.
    Our 30th anniversary was this week,..Many years ago our anniversary was spent in the waterfowl blind. And many date nights were in the boat, blind or field.

Recently about the only thing she has to do with the hunt is a hot breakfast or lunch when we walk in the door.

Ive friended and hunted with three young fellows each marring the past year or so. And each of their wives hunt,... for now.

Whose wife still hunts with them!

2. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Mine fishes with me. Between that and both of us working from home, we already spend too much time together. She went once and hated it. I've been thankful ever since.

callinfowl, igo4dux75, Bwana1 and 4 others like this.
  3. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

I've taken her hunting twice. I overhead her explain it to someone.

"Hours of being told to be quiet, not look up, not move around too much. Then his friend shows up and they spent 30 minutes outside the blind talking, laughing, and looking at the sky"

She very much enjoys bottom fishing for fluke and sea bass, in mild summer weather.

4. ReaPeR105

ReaPeR105 Elite Refuge Member

Mine will fish with me some, but she has never hunted and has no desire to. She is very understanding of my hunting addiction however.

5. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Wife went a couple times. She hates the cold. We used to fish often. After we didn't go for a couple years, I sold the fishing boat. Now she's mentioning wanting to go again. We'll use the kayaks.

6. Olefart

Olefart Senior Refuge Member

Mine went with me a few times forty years ago. She helped me build duck blinds when I hunted the Mississippi on pool16. She helped me put decoys out and always helped with butchering deer. She always gets up with me to see me off on fishing and hunting trips, has been for the last 51 yrs. Getting to old to train another one, so I think I'll keep her.

7. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Sweet Chereaux loves fishing, but hunting has always been a "Maybe some warm afternoon..." thing I've not pushed. Big thing is that she doesn't begrudge my doing it.

callinfowl likes this.
  8. JohnBZ

JohnBZ Elite Refuge Member

My wife doesnt hunt. Doesnt fish open water. Hates the cold but loves ice fishing. Figure that one out. Needless to say I have a nice shanty and a good heater. I also need to buy another flasher. She has essentially commandeered mine.

9. lucky_man

lucky_man Senior Refuge Member

I can't stop mine from duck hunting. She is the one that makes me get out of bed sometimes when I don't think birds will be flying. It's great on one hand because anything for waterfowl, it is "get it". But on the other hand it gets expensive buying for 2. Funny story, we were at MPW for the big sale. She bought waders, coat, socks; all manner of hunting stuff. I was looking at getting a Higdon splasher when she walked up with her buggy. Looked and started figuring how much was in the basket and the dollars kept climbing. I was talking to the Higdon rep and she just looked at me and said "you said you wanted something for movement, so get some". All I could do is look at the rep and say "it's a hell of a note that a man comes to a hunting store and his wife is telling him to buy stuff, but he has to think about it". Rep just said that was the first he had ever heard of that problem. We walked out with her being decked out, and me with a quiver magnet :z. Nov2018 049.JPG

API, Mort, calhounhunter and 7 others like this.
  10. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

You should have at least advised her that her mascara had run.