Hunting with your wife!!

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by salthunter, Dec 13, 2018.

1. dallen

dallen Senior Refuge Member

Mine wife is my main hunting partner. She loves to hunt bears, moose, waterfowl....but her absolute favorite is chasing pheasant in ND.

IMG_3285.JPG IMG_3293.JPG

Fowler267, Mort, Reelcranky and 4 others like this.
  2. Shirleyshusband

Shirleyshusband Elite Refuge Member

Shirley really likes fishing. She loves eating fish too. Hunting shes so so on. She does like to walk along when pheasant hunting. She also helps butchering deer. I'm pretty darn lucky.

3. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

Took my ex-wife hunting............once. 20 minutes to put makeup on and 45 minutes to match her camo outfit. 2 hours later she almost shot me. My current wife will get my credit cards before she will get invited to hunt with me and I like this one.

Farm4wildlife likes this.
  4. lucky_man

lucky_man Senior Refuge Member

[​IMG]

freefall likes this.
  5. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

Quite the mixed bag there too!

6. lucky_man

lucky_man Senior Refuge Member

^^^^Yeah she was proud that day. Told her that around here Canvasbacks are few and far between, especially big ones like the one she downed. Now has it mounted in her office. Love that woman.

Duck_Hunter_TX likes this.
  7. coachcornbread

coachcornbread Elite Refuge Member

Mine will fish and deer hunt with me quite a bit. She can’t handle cold weather too well so I have to pick and choose the days I take her duck hunting. Her favorite thing to do with me by far though is fly fishing, and she’s pretty damn good at it.

8. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

The girlfriend would get too upset to take the wife along. :reader

newduk, Vammy, Zane and 4 others like this.
  9. WaterFoulHunter

WaterFoulHunter Senior Refuge Member

My wife had never hunted before we married. Now? She's a hunting maniac! She prefers not to go when it's "too cold", but if the birds are flying she can't quit. And thanks to her, I now have far more gear than I used to have. "if we need it, get it!" is her mantra. Funny thing is, she isn't that into fishing. But bird hunting? "We need a boat." "Murphy is getting older, we need a new lab so that we're not stuck without a dog when he's gone." "Should we be buying a couple of layout blinds?" And my favorite of all..........."Do you think the guys would mind if I made breakfast burritos in the morning?" We go dove hunting, duck and goose hunting, chukar, grouse, and this year we went to SD for the Pheasant Opener. Hell, our waterfowl trip to Saskatchewan last year was her idea. She is bankrupting me shooting clays 2-3x a week, but I'm not complaining. How did I get so lucky!?

10. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Mine has helped build a duck blind or two and has gone on just a couple hunts, mostly just to watch the dog work.
    Now, she just shops for yet another nice purse, shoes and so on.
    I'll give her credit though, she puts up with my grouchiness and lack of sleep 60+ days per year.

WestKyHunt likes this.