Hunting with your wife!!

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by salthunter, Dec 13, 2018.

1. N2DUXS

N2DUXS Senior Refuge Member

What's the point of painting your face if you're just going to cover it up with a facemask? I own 65 acres and my wife wouldn't be able to put you within 5 miles of our place. Have owed it for 6 years and she's never stepped one foot on it and has zero desire. I like it that way.

Huntges11 and GK1 like this.
  2. cast&blast

cast&blast Elite Refuge Member

The mods won’t let me post my story. I tried once and it was immediately deleted. :(

3. lucky_man

lucky_man Senior Refuge Member

If you are referring to the picture of my wife by my boat, its a neck gaiter, not a face mask. Hence, the reason it's around her neck. I love my wife, enjoy her company, and she likes to hunt, so I will hunt with her and be happy to do so. As for your wife not wanting to hunt with you and you not wanting her there, more power to ya; to each his own.

4. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Kinda thought that was a gaiter...

5. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

How well do you know your UPS driver?

lucky_man and hobbydog like this.
  6. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Some of our best”dates” and times together were hunting.

My wife and our daughters are my preferred hunting companions.

I hunt with plenty of other guys,which is much easier. the. Memories hunting with my wife and daughters are quite incredible.

7. J.SCOTT

J.SCOTT Senior Refuge Member

I've had 3, none of them cared to much for it. It takes a special girl to love and live in the outdoors. Thank your lucky stars you guys have found one. :clap

8. dallen

dallen Senior Refuge Member

Same here. My daughter is now going to Boise State, so I dont get the chance to go with her much. Hope to change that in the future, but it will be a while before she has that kind of time again.....She's been my sheep hunting partner (and a pretty successful one at that)....I told my wife, she's gotta step up now....

9. duck_killer00

duck_killer00 Senior Refuge Member

There isnt many days i get to go without my wife. Shes in love with it just as much as i do, both hunting and fishing. She grew up a river rat....On one of our first dates we were juggin on the river with some buddies and she actually taught me how to throw a shad net..was over for me after that.
    20181128_101716.jpg
    6068.jpeg

10. cajunduck man

cajunduck man Senior Refuge Member

My wife has duck hunted with me a couple of times in our 30 year marriage. She likes to dove hunt but her love is pistol shooting. She was our daughter's 4-H pistol coach and brought her to the state finals fours years in a row. Now fishing...that woman will fish for sac-a-lait (crappie for all of you not in south Louisiana) all day long.

WaterFoulHunter likes this.