Hunting with your wife!!

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by salthunter, Dec 13, 2018.

1. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

I have never quite been able to grasp a person being afraid of simply being near a gun. I can get not liking them or not wanting to own or use them, but being scared because one is in a box in the room with you is just a little irrational. Granted I'm pretty heavily biased as they have been such a constant, normal thing my whole life--simply a tool to do a job much like a hammer or a saw, but still.

newduk and stevena198301 like this.
  2. Old Carver

Old Carver Refuge Member

Started hunting with my wife on our second date. I handed her a sxs 20 ga and showed her how to use it (she only knew pumps). Off we went. Got a bunch of quail and grouse that trip. She was amazed I handed her a gun. She said everyone she'd ever dated took her hunting just to have her go along. No one wanted a "girl" handling a gun. Heaven forbid.
    That is one of the things that sealed the deal. We've hunted and fished together for 37 yrs now. Even went elk hunting on our honeymoon. She got a small bull the second evening.
    Now we're older she will fish and caribou hunt but duck/goose is out. I take my daughter who loves it. Wife or daughter to hunt with "Priceless"

3. newduk

newduk Elite Refuge Member

Wifey isn't much of a hunter. Her idea of roughing it is if the hotel doesn't have a spa treatment package. While I go off hunting, she relaxes at home with a movie. She can't miss me if we're together. I like it.

freefall likes this.
  4. renoduckman

renoduckman Elite Refuge Member

I go hunting to get away from my wife.

5. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

I can sympathize. My wife, bless her dear sweet soul, cannot see well enough to drive and I have to drive her where she might want to go. It's kinda like being joined at the hip. Groceries, clothes, etc. I'm there and to get away for a few hours is blessing. Getting away for a long weekend is difficult and takes planning but I hate to leave her without having something in place if she should have some kind of emergency.

6. partyfowl

partyfowl Senior Refuge Member

I'll tip my hat to that.

7. Bottomland hunter

Bottomland hunter Senior Refuge Member

My wife likes to go with me deer hunting ,but I've never taken her duck hunting . She likes the ideal until I tell her about the ditch we crossed then walked 2 miles and waded 1/2 of it . I might take her in the boat one day if I can get her up.

8. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Give it a few decades and you might want your weekends away from your spouse and the house. :yes:l
    Don't get me wrong I love my wife and I love fishing with her, except like your's she always catches the biggest fish.:l:l:l
    But hunting is my time away with the boys!!!:tu

renoduckman and partyfowl like this.
  9. jpallen

jpallen Elite Refuge Member

Some my first dates with my wife were hunting and fishing in college. 15 years of marriage later I still would rather hunt and fish with her and my four kids than any of my hunting buddies. Wouldn't have it any other way. She is a better shot then most men and a lot easier on the eyes for sure

10. partyfowl

partyfowl Senior Refuge Member

I agree.

I do my contractor/dad/husband thing 24/7.

Hunting and fishing are opportunities for time with the boys and a break from that.

callinfowl likes this.