I-1639

Discussion in 'Washington Flyway Forum' started by jwolf, Nov 7, 2018.

1. jwolf

jwolf Refuge Member

I was surprised this initiative passed last night. I didn't like any of it, but the part of it I found particularly galling was that we're now required by the law to store our guns in a safe, use locks, etc. While safely storing a gun is common sense, I see enforcing it as a matter of law as a big time overreach on the part of our government. My question is, does anybody have an idea of how they're planning to enforce it? They obviously can't just come into somebody's house to check on their gun storage arrangement. What are the penalties involved? Fine? Jail?

2. WidgeonmanGH

WidgeonmanGH Elite Refuge Member

I suspect it will be a multimillion dollar expense for WA as they try and fight the lawsuits all the way to the Supreme Court, where hopefully it will be deemed unconstitutional. Response time for Pierce County Sherif in our area depends on if people are shooting at each other. Not their fault there is just too many people and not enough police. I had a stoned whack job talking loudly about aliens and starships coming through the brush into my yard. I happen to be out with the dogs and heard him, and asked him what he was doing. He said he was trying to get home. I told him to go to the highway. He was so stoned he didn't know what to do. Called 911 twice and sat on my front porch with my shotgun. Sat there with him ranting and raving in the street for 3 hours. At one point he started coming down the drive way, I told him to turn around.They never showed. Had he broken into my house he would have lost his life. Don't think for a second that I would have had to go to my safe to get my gun out. To put it mildly, for the safety of my family, I will not comply.

Instead of spending millions on lawyers and stupid nanny state ideas they should spend money on mental health facilities. It would take care a of a lot more of these shootings they are so worried about.
    IMHO

Green Duck Truck and Wareagle1 like this.
  3. sully

sully Elite Refuge Member

And our Dr will ask us if we have guns and be required to report us under some circumstances, but it will be the beginning of a registration of gun owners.

4. WidgeonmanGH

WidgeonmanGH Elite Refuge Member

"I used to have guns but gave them all to my brother in ID."

Green Duck Truck likes this.
  5. Tool_Man

Tool_Man Elite Refuge Member

I lost mine in a boating accident. I’m still heartbroken about it.

6. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

1) None of my doctor's business
    2) Guns bought "under the radar", pre-FFL, at gun shows or private party, etc., or built from components will be in circulation and un-detectable by law enforcement if registration of guns ever takes place.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  7. EWUEagles

EWUEagles Senior Refuge Member

This just proves that Washington is going down the crapper. When was the last time a gun law didn't get passed? It seems like every one of these half *** written laws are put on the ballot they get passed. Thanks Seattle

8. billwnr

billwnr Elite Refuge Member

The way it was worded on the ballot was misleading. It appeared to be a good thing. The Grant County vote was in favor of it just because of the misleading wording. I burned all my guns after reading the newspaper results yesterday.

Tool_Man likes this.
  9. CurrencyTrader

CurrencyTrader Senior Refuge Member

Copied from a friend!

Soooo, we as Washingtonians have set up quite the utopia.

Tweaker leaves his safe injection site spun out of his mind breaks into your house steals your gun, kills the neighbors cat steals whatever the police arrive because they were called to a burglary.

Tweaker points gun at cop cop shoots kills tweaker. Now you are a criminal because your gun was used in a crime and the cop is going to jail because he didn’t use good faith judgment to de escalate the situation before killing the tweaker

Cop in jail you a felon and the tweakers family have a huge settlement from the state.

Good job people, out standing voters you are.

10. NWRINGNECK

NWRINGNECK Elite Refuge Member

This f’n state makes me sick!!!!!!! They want to be like the “big progressive cities/states. Even the dry side is going to crap......We have this in Spokane... in SanFran homeless people crapping on the sidewalk, we have that , a shooting or knifing every few days ...we have that , opening up city hall to the homeless so they don’t get wet or cold ....we have that, we have Amazon coming, traffic like Seattle.. we are getting that....cops can’t ask if you are illegal...we have that, Border Patrol can’t check immigration status at the bus depot ..... we have that. It just keeps getting better!!!!! Worse!!!

When I worked we had a Mayor that would not let the police use the word Gang. The Cali gangs were just getting started here. We had to call them “youth groups” no bs!!!! Youth Groups. What a joke.

I’m to old to move or I’d be gone!!!!!!

I feel for folks that are 40+ years old. They remember what it was like. Never again will you have the liberty and freedom you had.

I’m done with my rant. :-((((

boodog, Honkerclan08, T.T. and 5 others like this.