I want to move out of Cali.

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by Huntndogs, Sep 30, 2017.

1. whaknMalrds

whaknMalrds Senior Refuge Member

976956EA-D5FB-4433-A432-7466EEC823D2.jpeg 48406A58-9C1A-47E4-80CF-77558069E4CB.jpeg
    You’re right on the fact that kids selling grandpas land, Kids these days just want to make a million and don’t want to do any work. We can still find spots, it’s just places we grew up enjoying are now over ran by jacked up side by sides on 20’s. I can find plenty of spots in the woods but if you wanna be by a lake or stream, you’ll be battling! There are people from all over moving to Idaho, but it’s the Californian’s who seem to say “in California we do this and in California we do that” had been my experience. Plus we have 40” steelhead(bottom pick in a 35” radio tagged buck), they don’t in Minnesota. You can have your walleye!

2. whaknMalrds

There’s plenty more where that came from too. Have 20 + years of steelhead photos!! Plus we have some of the best blue river trout streams if you know what that is!

ZDOG likes this.
  3. MMRemington

MMRemington New Member

I completely understand that side of things. Trust me, when I'm fishing, I don't want to be able to see or hear anyone - that's more than half of the joy of fishing for me. Just me, the water, and hopefully a few trout. So I understand your side 100%.

And same thing camping or hiking. If I can have a mountain to myself, perfect! So yes, I can completely understand where you're coming from whakn. I do feel bad that I'm part of the influx, but was just trying to say that I'm not trying to come fish off your shoulder, or setup my tent a stone's throw from yours. Not all Californians are trying to do that. Instead, just like you, I'm trying to do the opposite. So, if I see you on the river whakn, I'm going to keep on walking. And then I'll walk some more. And then, a little further, just so you have the space to move up and down a little from your original spot, because IMO, that's how it should be.

Like I said, I know it sucks. But it's just a bummer for some of us Californians that get lumped into the "Californian" group, when we're really nothing like the masses that are flooding up here. But, yes, I do understand your beef, and am not here to argue that you're wrong for feeling that way!

ZDOG likes this.
  4. MMRemington

MMRemington New Member

Damn whakn! Those are some fish right there! Maybe I will come fish off your shoulder...:bow

5. whaknMalrds

Haha, ya we do alright. Took many years but we got things figured out on those steelhead. Ya I don’t mean to sound like a grumpy old man, it just bums me out. We still have a lot to enjoy here and I’m sure you went through that where you were from.

ZDOG likes this.
  6. MMRemington

MMRemington New Member

I hear ya & again, definitely understand where you're coming from. All said - I wish ya good luck out on the water & in the fields this new year!

7. whaknMalrds

You as well, hope you get time to get out and explore. There’s a lot to be had. Tough part is finding those dang birds this year. Been hit or miss. Gets cold then warms up. Let’s hope for some weather!! Happy new year all.

8. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

Hey my friend , have you not heard of what a Idafornia Tee shirt has done around Boise ?
    I laughed until I cried , knowing I was still here in this ****-Hole ......!

9. whaknMalrds

He should have put the word STOP on the t-shirt and the point would have been more clear! It’s a pretty touchy subject around here!

10. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

Hey I really enjoyed your pic's , THANKS , for sharing !
    As my brother lives NW of Boise in (what was) a small community , it is now overrun ed with neighbors from HERE so the conversations around are ,
    Who can claim to have paid the most for their homes and what a great deal it was . It's a shame that most ALL this has happened in the last 5 years .
    HWY 44 is proof there isn't much more room for others and don't even think about going across town these days . Haha

whaknMalrds likes this.