I want to move out of Cali.

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by Huntndogs, Sep 30, 2017.

1. whaknMalrds

whaknMalrds Senior Refuge Member

It is crazy where the housing prices have gone, more than doubled now. And you’re right it seems to take an hour to get anywhere around town any more. If this town doesn’t do anything with our roads and infrastructure, we are going to be a real mess! Pretty much already there.

2. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

From 1999-2009 I used to travel 18-20 times or so a year to Boise for business. Traffic was a bit of a pain during rush hour, but not if you knew shortcuts (stay off 84). I've only been to Boise a handful of times since then, but I imagine the traffic is getting exponentially worse as time goes on.

Same thing up here in little old Kootenai County...relatively speaking.

3. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

Where I live in this _ _ _ _ hole state where cow crap is always on our boots the open pastures have disappeared as Nut trees now fill the open spaces .
    These areas were place's I roamed , hunting Pheasants , snipe , doves and Waterfowl but not anymore as Big Corp interest has bought them out and Greed
    has taken over with NO Trespassing Signs . There's still a small few ranches with owners not willing to sell but their offspring is just waiting to cash them out .
    The problem is with this second hand air as most of these city people enjoy bumping shoulders while in public with the crowds no matter where you go ?
    I'm to old school as I don't like waiting in line (Long) but up in the Boise area , it's a problem a real problem too !

4. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

After reading what I just Wrote I wanted to say , I'm sorry for the intrusion of City Folks in your area as it'd the norm where ever you go now days .
    There's a price to pay for , what they call a better life , and the close-nest of neighbor's settling in near by ? Some can be very entertaining as you
    haven't heard their experiences of where they came from but Be kind , it's a New world we live in and it's getting smaller by the day !

5. HaydenHunter

We have a vacancy in a duplex we own in Coeur d'Alene and out of 8 responses so far to our "for lease" ad, three have been people moving up here from California.

6. letmwurk

letmwurk Elite Refuge Member

Doesn't surprise me at all. Out of curiuosity how big is the place and what are you asking for rent?

7. HaydenHunter

Huge 3 br 2-1/2 bath, built in 2016, rents for $1,395 including water / sewer / garbage fees and lawn care.

letmwurk likes this.