Ice Fishing

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by sdkidaho, Dec 29, 2017.

1. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

I don’t do 50 anymore either. It was 55 and overcast when we went out today and I thought I was gonna die. Then the sun came out and it was 65 and much better.

ice fishing makes cabin fever sound good again.

widgeon likes this.
  2. JohnBZ

JohnBZ Elite Refuge Member

He probably means master angler class fish which varies greatly depending on which master angler program and which region you live in.

3. H20DAD

4. H20DAD

My life goal is to now attain the grand master angler award for bullhead,
    Burbot, Channel Catfish, Cisco, Common Carp, Freshwater Drum, Goldeye, Lake Whitefish, Mooneye, and Sucker.

widgeon likes this.
  5. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator Flyway Manager

I didn't know this was a thing. Thanks.

My second oldest is 20, so I shouldn't need to be doing any entertaining. I hope. But that's good info if I take any younger ones.

6. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Elite Refuge Member

Come on up to Lake Winnipeg, one of the best Walleye fisheries in the world. If you plan to go, better be quick, the fishery is on the decline.

sdkidaho and California Flyway like this.
  7. California Flyway

California Flyway Elite Refuge Member

I sure miss Walleye fishing and Walleye dinners

8. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Once we were done trapping it was all ice fishing. Family and good fishing are the main things I miss about MN.
    My dad had a nice fish house for the times. My mom would drive out to the lake my dad would fix her dinner( lunch) Sometimes other couples would show up and they would play cards and fish. . The house also had bunks for napping.

sdkidiaho Ice fishing can be inexpensive as a hobby; staying comfortable is maybe the most important thing, fun just seems to happen

My brother use to ice race, we tried and tried on ice without snow you can not go faster than 77 mph without spinning out, maybe the new technology that may not be true anymore.
    I learned to drive a clutch on ice ( 12 years old 1971).
    Met one of the fellows that went thru open ice bout 25 yards from where ,,.. well by luck Im didnt go down in the dark.
    If we dont stay where we are now there is a lake in Montana calling my name,.. May not be driving a pick up on it but an ATV or snowmoble

9. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

When I was in high school that is not what we used the bunks for. ;)

10. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Stored your warm beer on them , right!!:dv

Yeah well I was talking about my mom and dad, I did know they napped when I was out there. :confused:
    It was a nice house 8 x 20, not like a Ice Castle or Yetti but nice. We spent a lot of time at the lake in the winter too!