Icotec 500 vs. Foxpro inferno

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunters Forum' started by pounder, Feb 6, 2018.

1. pounder

pounder Elite Refuge Member

I'm looking into purchasing one of these two calls soon, but am having trouble deciding on which one. Any input would be great....strictly for yotes....TIA.

2. Brad's Birds

Brad's Birds Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

I've had both. Returned the Icotech after 2 hunts. No comparison with the Inferno. Now having said that, I've upgraded to a Shockwave this year....lot more expensive, but I started having trouble with the remote on the inferno. Having to push really hard on the buttons, several times especially when really cold despite using lithium batteries. Had it for 3 years and sent it back and they replaced the remote "admitting" there are some issues with the mylar covering on the remote sometimes. I still have it and will use it for crows, coons, etc...... The shockwave has the upgraded remote and the call itself outclasses the inferno quite a bit. If you can justify spending $500 it's a lot better call. If not, I'd stick with the inferno. I read decent reviews on the Icotech prior to buying it, but it was like a plastic toy after using the foxpro. Buttons worked sometimes, and sometimes not. I may have got a lemon, but still cheaply made compared to the FoxPro. Also, A lot of the sequences are really short.....5 seconds and then you have to push the button again....and again which is a pain when wearing gloves....dark, trying to scan the area, etc.... may be a minor thing, but the FoxPro will keep going till you mute it. If you order straight from FoxPro and/or All Predator Calls, you can pick which calls you want programmed into it plus (I think) a bunch of extra "free" ones now.

3. pounder

did you find much difference in sound quality or volume?

4. Brad's Birds

Brad's Birds Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

I usually toted along an sp60 external speaker with the FoxPro when using coyote vocals, but the two calls themselves probably have little difference in volume/sound quality. I do like the sound files provided on the FoxPro better......but the icotech also has the ability to download other sound files. I forgot to mention that the icotech has little rubber plugs on the back intended to seal different ports....usb access, etc.... and they would not stay closed on my call....just one more little item I didn't like. Also the need for a tiny screw driver to open the battery access to change batteries........

5. pounder

I currently own the 300 model from Icotec and am familiar with them....not happy with the yote sounds....my whole reason for looking for another call....