In priase of the Beretta A 300

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by California Flyway, Jan 12, 2018.

1. California Flyway

California Flyway Elite Refuge Member

I own a Beretta, 391, A 400 and an A 300.
    I won the A 300 at duck dinner. It is a plain Jane, black synthetic. I thought it would serve as the perfect back up shotgun to keep in camp in case my or a friends shotgun has a problem.
    I took it out at the beginning of this season to try out and have kept using it as my first choice gun ever since. It fits me better than my A 400, it is easier to clean than my 391, It patterns well and shoots to point of aim, it has not failed to cycle, and I have been shooting ducks and geese very well with it. It only shoots 23/4 and 3 inch shells which is fine with me since I have not ever fired or felt I needed 31/2's. (Many years ago I did some of if not my best duck shooting ever with Kent 23/4 11/16 oz. of #3's)
    Dicks Sporting Goods had synthetic camo, A300's for sale for $599 which was one of the best recent shotgun deals I know of. Bud's Gun Shop has them for $623.
    I like my A 300 so much, I am planning on selling my A 400.
    For anyone looking for a new gas auto, check out the A 300.

Duckfiend and Silver Wings like this.
  2. mak2782

mak2782 Elite Refuge Member

How much you selling the A400 for?

Agree though on the 300. I messed with one in Canada, great little gun. Our guide rented them out and said they are tanks.

freefall likes this.
  3. Tex11B

Tex11B Senior Refuge Member

Bought one last year and havnt regretted it

4. mudhen

mudhen Elite Refuge Member

Decent gun!

Beretta used to give them free to some dealers with qualified BH purchases...sell for $599 and end up with an acceptable blended margin...super cheap gun for BH to make...cost of goods can’t be more than $150-$175...

5. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

Reason I like Beretta Xtremas and the A300, A350 and A400 is there is nothing in the stock to clean.

wanapasaki likes this.
  6. wanapasaki

wanapasaki Senior Refuge Member

I bought my 391 back in 2011 I think? It's an amazing gun, but It's pretty disappointing that beretta has stopped manufacturing parts for this gun! I finally put a sling on it this year and midwestern gun were the only ones that carried the swivel base anymore and they were about out. Is a marvelous gun, wish they wouldn't have put it on the back burner for newer models.

7. JuvieCoot

JuvieCoot Elite Refuge Member

Disagree with all praise of this scattergun. We bought one for Kristyn a couple years ago. It's been nothing but a jalopy. 4 weeks into it's first season the safety wouldn't come off the "fire" position. Finally got it unjammed stripped the whole gun down did the dog yeller cleaning method and it worked fine for one shoot day, then back to square one. Sent to beretta, they returned and said we were "shooting dirty shells". We were shooting Kents. That problem seems to be in the past but I keep the gun squeaky clean for her and it cycles unreliably and has light primer strikes all the time.

8. Johnny Ringo

Johnny Ringo Elite Refuge Member

Just want to go on the record here... because I hunt with a ton of Beretta guys, and how do I know, because they make sure to tell me every single hunt day. Anyway, my Nelli's haven't failed me once, but I've seen three of theirs fail this season. Sorry, no substance, no positive contribution, just stating a fact.

wanapasaki likes this.
  9. mudhen

mudhen Elite Refuge Member

Had me at Kent...

Long production run of really bad Kent shells...and cycling issues on the A300...

Complaint above oft-repeated while helping out at a friend’s gun shop...almost always Kent...bad primers...we took back cases of Kent...

But, eventually seemed to work itself out, shells got better, Beretta fit & finish impoved on that model...

10. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

Personally I would go with the A350. Funny I have shot lots of Kents over the years, maybe had 3-4 lite primer strikes over the past few years in the Xtremas that didn't go bang, but went bang second time.