Introducing the new Delta Wader Collection from Sitka Gear

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by pentail, Jul 25, 2018.

1. JohnBZ

JohnBZ Elite Refuge Member

I got a set of Columbia neoprene waders for 100 bucks on clearance about 5 years ago. I'll shed a tear the day they start leaking. Best waders I've ever owned.

tcc likes this.
  2. Mallardmisser

Mallardmisser Elite Refuge Member

I haven't gotten two seasons out of Cabelas waders the last 8 years. One pair leaked at the boots, the others all leaked in the crotch. I hunt about 35 days a year. I'n the last 10 years I bet I've dropped over a grand or more on their waders...

The_Duck_Master and 7summits like this.
  3. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

And you keep buying them because...….? :nutz

4. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Because they replaced them for free. I did the same thing. Every 2 years I would replace them as they would slowly develop a minor leak in the crotch. Finally I said screw it and bought a pair of Banded’s and just don’t worry about them anymore.

5. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

That's one thing, but sounded to me like he was buying them.

6. JimG

JimG Elite Refuge Member

Friend of mine bought the Cabelas Neoprenes last year using his card points. Couldn't get two wearings out of them before they started leaking. Brought them back 3 times.

7. Mallardmisser

Mallardmisser Elite Refuge Member

Every purchase used to go on the Cabelas card, 35-40K per year, used the points for hunting gear. technically they were "free" but Id rather have spent the points on something else...

The cabelas closest to me says "1 year" is "lifetime warranty". So they were not replacing them. First pair maybe they did, I don't remember for sure.

tcc likes this.
  8. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

I had a pair of waders that would leak in the crotch. Replaced them 4 times. Then I bought a pair of hip boots and they don't leak in the crotch. I showed THEM a thing or two. .

9. 3labman

3labman Senior Refuge Member

I like Sitka gear and even have 3 or 4 pieces but ALWAYS purchased after the season and marked down. Can't see laying a grand down for all the reasons already stated and still can't see paying five or six hundred for Banded waders either. Hell, a couple years ago I thought $275-$300 was crazy. I have two pair of Cabelas that have lasted for four years, just rotate them and hang them every day. I know I'll have to replace them at some point hopefully there will be some honest reviews on them by people that don't have stickers on their shotgun barrels.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  10. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

That's what the local store told a buddy of mine. He'd worn them maybe 10 times in 2 seasons, turns out that was the lifetime of the product in their minds.

I've got 5 seasons out of a pair of Lacrosse breathables I got on sale for $149 and when they go I suspect I'll try the Sitkas.