Introducing the new Delta Wader Collection from Sitka Gear

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by pentail, Jul 25, 2018.

1. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

I've had such good luck with Lacrosse neoprenes that cost around $100-$150 I just can't fathom spending 10x that on a pair. I do want some breathables but will probably go with the Banded ones as they seem to be pretty highly recommended, but still pricy.

2. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Lacrosse is my #1. Dry Bone hipboots are also my #1
    No way in he** am I going to hand someone $1K for a pair of waders.

3. buzzkill

buzzkill Senior Refuge Member

https://www.simmsfishing.com/shop/womens-mens-waders/g4z-bootfoot-felt-f17

$900+ waders are not anything new. Simms has been making expensive waders for years and are a staple for guides that sometimes spend 200+ days in the river. The fact that both Simms and Sitka are headquartered out of Bozeman MT makes me think that this might be a collaboration between the two companies. I think that Simms also announced that they will begin producing a line of Gore-tex camo waders with a rollout later this year.
    I have a buddy that guides for fishing and wears Simms waders. He says that their warranty and repair program (which is almost exactly like Sitkas) is second to none.
    Simms also has a fairly extensive sizing list, which from what I understand, Sitka is going to do something similar for their sizing.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    chuam likes this.
  4. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

My Lacrosse's have had a helluva warranty program; one started leaking and I marched right back into the store and left with a brand new pair. Didn't even have to pay for the replacement up front when I bought the first time like with the Sitkas and Simms; only when needed. Didn't require a receipt or an explanation of what happened, didn't have to ship anything or wait on them either. :dv

5. jzoo

jzoo Senior Refuge Member

www.sitkagear.com/returns, or
    • Use the Returns link in the footer of our website.
    • SITKA covers warranty shipping.
      • For warranty returns, we cover shipping both ways.
      • If not covered by warranty, we will charge return freight.
      • FedEx will e-mail you a pre-paid label.
    • We will e-mail you once we receive the item(s).
    • We will review returns within 48 hours of receipt and determine if your item can be repaired or if it should be repaired or replaced under warranty.
    • If we can repair it, we will have it finished and on its way back to you within 10 to 14 days.
    • A replacement is typically processed within 48 hours of review but often on the same day.
    NOTE: All maintenance and service for SITKA Waders is handled directly through SITKA Gear. If waders were purchased from a retail store, customers will still need to follow these instructions for returns.

What the Warranty Covers //
    We stand behind every product we make. If you are unhappy with any of our products at the time you receive them, feel free to send them back. Damage due to wear and tear will be repaired at a reasonable cost.

Manufacturer’s Defects Covered by Warranty //

• Seam Failure
    • Leaking Seam
    • Separating Zipper
    • Boot Separation
    • Seam Tape Issues
    • Any Stitching Issues
    • Delamination Issues

www.sitkagear.com/returns, or
    • Use the Returns link in the footer of our website.
    • SITKA covers maintenance return shipping to repair facility.
      • FedEx will e-mail you a pre-paid label for return shipping.
      • Once repaired, we charge normal shipping rates back to you.
      • FedEx will e-mail you a pre-paid label.
    • We will e-mail you once we receive the item(s).
    • We will review returns within 48 hours of receipt and notify you of any areas of concern.
    • We will communicate maintenance needs and cost within 72 hours of receipt.
    • Maintenance/Service will be completed within 14 days of approval.

What is Serviceable //

• Everything is serviceable.
      1. Boots are replaceable.
      2. All material is workable for patches or tape.
      3. Suspenders can be lengthened or replaced.
      4. All seams can be repaired and re-taped.
      5. Pockets can be re-stitched if torn out.

Service/Non-Warranty Options // *
    *Prices are estimates and subject to change.

• Tears/Patches/Pinholes: [$30 – $70]
      • Depending on Severity
    • Boot Replacement due to wear: [$200]
    • Suspender Replacement due to wear: [$40]
    • End of Season Service: [$125]
      • Complete inspection
      • Pressure Test
        • Pinhole leak identification
        • Boot leak identification
        • Seam failures
        • Includes up to 4 pinhole patches
        • *If a warrantable item is discovered, there will be no charge for Service. Defect repair will be covered under warranty.

What You Can Fix in the Field

• Pinhole Leaks
    • Tears & Cuts

6. Troller

Troller Senior Refuge Member

I think the smartest approach to purchasing sitka waders is waiting about a year. Let the cool kids spend their money and we will know before January if they are any good or not.

7. markd

markd Elite Refuge Member

Lacrosse had a closeout website a few years back and I bought a couple pair of their breathables for a ridiculous price (like $50 for waist high waders, $90 for chest waders). Size 14 must not be big sellers. I had to send back the chest waders this year for crotch leaking after 3-4 years and they sent me a brand new pair.....and a spiffy Lacrosse/Sitka hat for my trouble.... hard to beat that.

8. mallardchaser

mallardchaser Senior Refuge Member

My buddy is an investor in a high end hunting/clothing shop. We had all our sizes picked out and turned in a few weeks ago. He got a message saying we would get ours in late 2019 at the earliest .
    Said most stores won’t be getting any this year; Macs was getting a limited amount. I’ll go back to my comfy Drake’s that leak. I’m a contractor, so they are sealed with geo cell silicone. 2nd pair leaked on hunt 2 but they are very comfortable.

9. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

I bought a pair of Simms, along with a few other members of the local fly club (about 10 years or so ago) mostly due to the "life-time warranty"… All of us had our waders fail within 6-12 months, and all of us tried to utilize the "life-time" warranty. We were told that it is not the life-time of the person, but the life-time of the waders...

Most received nothing, but after enough complaining, mine were replaced (with a shipping cost of $90), and were useless within a year.... I cut the feet off and now use them as rain paints.

The fly-fishing guides I know now like Reddington, and I purchased a pair, and have no complaints.... I will never purchase another pair of Simms, due to my initial experience with them.

LL Bean was making waders with an unconditional life-time warranty, but apparently they have stopped that warranty (wish I had bought them when the warranty was going).

10. lugnut

lugnut Elite Refuge Member

Are these Made in China like all their clothing or are they made here?