Introducing the new Delta Wader Collection from Sitka Gear

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by pentail, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

Made in the USA... per their web

Mr.Bones likes this.
  2. Mr.Bones

Mr.Bones New England Moderator Moderator

FE673AF4-F544-4515-832A-A1F85D85C403.jpeg
    Yes they are -
    Was fortunate to be able to participate in the 2+ years of testing of these waders. Was certainly anxious to put these through the above average rigors and conditions that waterfowlers put their equipment through. These waders were put through everything from barnacle covered rocks on the salt, late heavy ice rivers, long walk-in beaver swamps and repeated in/out blinds & boat (75+hunting days each season). Each hunt was documented with conditions and what the waders had faced and at the end of the season, sent back to be heavily and meticulously evaluated. I can say for certain that in my opinion, these were the best waders I have ever used and were worn from early season to late season. Like other hunting equipment, having a solid dependable product that I can count on is important to me and the fact that they are serviceable and made in the USA is a important as well. Are guys going to find other brands that work for them, absolutely and they have their good reasons which I would not argue. But again I will say, for me, these have proven themselves and look forward to getting many more seasons out of these.
    BTW, I am too old to care about my “hunting social image” - I care about getting to squeeze every minute of the precious vacation/recreation time I am afforded each year, the equipment I use is chosen for that purpose only

Troller, DuckyPhe and stevena198301 like this.
  3. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Why on God’s green earth did they not incorporate D rings into the waders to attach things to them?? I guess that’s my biggest pet peeve with them.

4. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

No doubt some people use them and not starting an argument at all.....but of all the people I have hunted with I have literally never seen a single thing hooked to D rings on waders. Myself included. Always wondered why they bothered putting them on.

OneShotBandit and tcc like this.
  5. buck_master_2001

I hook my shell holder on them. I’ve seen others hook hand muffs on them. I also hook my decoy clips on them as well. I guess my point is I’ve never owned waders that didn’t have them, you would think they would have included them at the very least.

cupnglide likes this.
  6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I use them for the same reasons you do. Especially Texas rigged dekes.

7. Montauker

They have them on the belt. https://www.sitkagear.com/products/mens/bottoms/waterfowl/delta-wader/waterfowl-marsh

I've ever used them for texas rig clips, but I see how that could be a problem for certain items, especially in timber where a lot of stuff is attached to your person.

Mr.Bones likes this.
  8. buck_master_2001

I seen them on the water belt but that doesn’t really do you any good when you are standing in waist deer water. I hunt a lot of flooded corn where the water is around waist deep. You would think that if they were trying to make the “perfect” safer that the option would at least be there for the people that do use them.

9. ducksmash1

ducksmash1 New Member

What i want to know is: When they say that they're 100% serviceable... what does that mean? I have to pay for it again every time a boot blows out or leak occurs when I send them in? Or are they guaranteeing the service on them for life in that $995 price tag? Bc if that's the case then it might be well worth the $995 price tag.

10. Montauker

@ducksmash1 go read post #45 of this thread. Short answer is that you probably need to pay a moderate price to fix worn out parts (boots, zipper, belt, suspender)