Introducing the new Delta Wader Collection from Sitka Gear

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by pentail, Jul 25, 2018.

1. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Thank God we give those guys massive tax cuts. I would hate to hear that they might have to shoot actual steel shot.

2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

You think their politician buddies shoot bismuth, TSS, or steel? Maybe some secret agent stuff we’ve never even heard of?

3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

You getting the red or the tan?

OneShotBandit likes this.
  4. Allan

Allan Elite Refuge Member

That’s gonna smash his $2000 budget!

5. Dan Mallia

Dan Mallia Elite Refuge Member

I was fortunate to be one of the folks selected to field test the waders. When I received them from Sitka, I was told to put them through the ringer and use and abuse them, which I did, probably spent close to 600 hours in them and they performed flawlessly.

They're lightweight, fit great and are extremely comfortable, I sometimes forgot I was wearing waders. My tester set was the "Large" size (using my measurements from the sizing chart above) with the 11 boot and they fit perfect. I normally wear a Duck Oven Jacket with a Merino base layer shirt and that was tucked into the waders. That combo, unless it was raining, was what I wore day in and day out with the wader and had no issues with movement.

I was impressed with the Gore-Tex pro laminate durability. I didn't experience any failures at all; no rips, tears or holes. I busted through ice and brush with them, spent time in deep water, shallow water and lots of mud, jumped in and out of boats and blinds. I wore them in every weather condition and different types of waterfowl environment and I was never cold in them, spending a substantial amount of time in temps below freezing and didn't overheat during long walks, setting decoys and warmer weather hunts. I layered underneath them based on what conditions I was going to be in and was comfortable all season long. The zippered version I tested was great and made getting in and out of them a breeze, especially after drinking too much coffee.

The Lacrosse Aerofit boots fit great, better than any other "wader boot" I'd worn in the past. They're a stout boot, very sturdy and offered great support when walking or wading. Wore them on some longer jaunts that we normally take on public ground and as I mentioned before, I forgot I was wearing waders. The boots kept my feet warm all the time.

The hand warmer pockets were functional and with the zippered version, there's two zippered pockets that I normally put two iPhones in (have to carry an additional for work reasons), keys and license.

After the first season I wore them, I sent them back to Sitka and they did a bunch of additional stress tests and inspections on them and sent them back to me for another round of real world testing in the waterfowl world. I was later told that they did a mock “repair” on the waders and tested the repair, which was a boot removal/replacement, which didn’t fail this season.

I'd venture a guess that there were A LOT of these tester waders floating around and Sitka was doing their due diligence in making sure the product was going to exceed their standards. Frankly, if these waders were an absolute failure, you would've never seen or heard of them. They knew that if they were going to ask for them what they were going to ask for them, that they'd have to be a pretty special piece of gear.

I'm not telling you to buy them or not, I'm telling you my experience with them and you can make the decision as a consumer if you want to buy them or not. I have nothing to gain from it, just wanted to get some real world info out to people that might be interested in the waders.

At the end of the day, they’re a pretty badass, durable, comfortable wader, plain and simple. That's my experience with them, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

DuckyPhe likes this.
  6. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

How old are you? Maybe the minor leak in the crotch is an enlarged prostrate. :joker

7. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Did you get to keep the waders?